Non Compete Contract question/issue

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:02 pm
I signed a Non Compete agreement over a year ago and have not yet received a copy. It is my understanding that to be enforceable the contract such as this should be signed by both parties and delivered to the person that is to follow the contract. In addition, none of my colleagues (the other outside sales people and sales engineer that do the same job) had or have signed this contract. Am I bound to this mysterious contract that I have no copy? How could I follow the contract if I have never been given a copy other than to sign for initial employment. They also said I'd have to sign an acknowledgement for a Policy manual which has never been done. I have other employers interested in me that will not consider me without a copy but my boss will not comply. I have requested a copy from the owner.

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:16 pm
@ejohnson11,
I am not a lawyer and don't know what jurisdiction you are in anyway but I can't imagine that not having a copy of the contract invalidates the agreement, so if you signed it then you are likely bound by the agreement whether or not you have a copy of it.
0 Replies