The Late Bill Maclagan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 06:14 pm
Sad news, Bill Maclagan died on the 5th of April 2016.
You and your quiz will be very much missed, many thanks for the many years of
fun and anticipation you gave us over the years with your exasperatingly brilliant questions.
R. I. P. Bill, you will never be forgotten.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,596 • Replies: 6
No top replies

earlbertie

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 01:44 am
@bennattod,
Bill's obituary notice appeared in yesterday's edition of The Times newspaper (11 April). He was 70 years of age and as we all know had been battling with cancer for some considerable time. A memorial service is being held at St Mary's Church, Wimbledon, on 4 May and donations may be sent to Cancer Research, c/o Ashton Funeral Service, 140 Alexandra Road, London SW19 7JY.
R.I.P Bill, you were a true gentleman who gave so many hours of pleasure to so many of us.
Green Fade

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 08:20 am
@earlbertie,
Bill,
You were a staple of my life since I was a student; I have loved you and hated you; questions about Gilbert and Sullivan (youthful trauma) and tennis I hated, your traps I loved. Thank you for so many years of joy. May the otherworld welcome you.
0 Replies

Ramires7

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 11:49 am
I agree all the sentiments expressed above. R.I.P. Bill. The Great Great Brain/Fun quiz was a special part of my life.
0 Replies

Opsimath

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:30 pm
I received the letter yesterday which contained the sad news that Bill had died.As you have all said he and his quiz will be much missed by us all.R.I.P. Bill, we shall not come across someone who can turn out such brilliant exasperating Quizzes month after month again in a hurry.
0 Replies

dumbo2

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 02:57 pm
@bennattod,
Very sad news about Bill. Glad that he was not alone at the end and that his passing was peaceful.
The quality of the questions never ceased to amaze me and to come up with them month after month took some doing. I've done his quizzes since 2000 - not many questions were repeated. RIP Bill you will not be forgotten.
0 Replies

dud5ers

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2016 12:26 pm
@earlbertie,
I am very sorry to hear of Bill Maclagan's death. He gave me many hours of fun over years. He sounded much younger on the phone. No doubt he was young at heart.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Late Bill Maclagan
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 03:34:25