Colateral

Pitter

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 12:12 pm
So how's the movie "Colateral, Wrong Place and Time"? Worth a tcket?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,603 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 02:00 pm
86% favorable reviews is quite good:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/

Although I may not rush to the cineplex to see it -- seems like it would be a good one for cable or DVD viewing. Unless you're hooked on the theater experience (don't think this would be a good date movie).
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:36 pm
Thanks for the heads up. I don't really need a "date"movie. I thought I'd go with my wife.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 08:32 am
I'd still call that a date -- several friends still call a night out with the better half as a "date." Very Happy

The point was that it appears not to be an uplifting female oriented movie but perhaps some woman have a taste for these offerings. Tom Cruise may be a good reason.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:12 pm
It was a great film I watched it a while back but felt like posting here. If you are going to watch it simply for the action I wouldn't advise you to watch it despite the fact that it does have great action, it offers a great all around cinematic experience. Its slow paced at times but still at top in terms of this summers films.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:03 pm
We enjoyed it but were trying to remember afterwards how many people Tom blew away. It was kind of confusing in the club since despite the raging gun battle the clients didn't flee for the doors. Also did Cruise ever grin? I can't remember that either.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:04 am
Michael Mann can deliver a good pic -- one of the directors we can depend on.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 01:35 pm
Pitter wrote:
We enjoyed it but were trying to remember afterwards how many people Tom blew away. It was kind of confusing in the club since despite the raging gun battle the clients didn't flee for the doors. Also did Cruise ever grin? I can't remember that either.

Its hard to tell how many he killed since not every attack was fatal. The atmosphere and ambience in that scene was great I loved the music, any idea what its called?

@wizard: he certainly is
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:58 am
The film is making enough (almost 90M as of this writing) to make it a mild hit. There's some big Fall box office entries coming up as "Hero" dominates the box office for the third week. It's got to be about what they expected with Cruise, grey hair and the villain! Not going to be the big box office hit of other Cruise vehicles.
0 Replies