did a girl block me on fb?

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 03:26 pm
We talked a few times before, we hung out once, and talked some more. We still see each other every other week or so (just because our schedules end up crossing paths that way). But she hasn't responded to any messages on fb in a month (I sent 1 a week for 3 weeks, haven't sent one since easterish time). Normally, if a girl ignores me she either unfriends me or I'll see the "seen" notice but she won't respond. In this case it says delivered but not seen. So I'm not sure what the deal is here. She has clearly been on fb in some capacity, but perhaps she has a lot of messages..idk really. In essence, since I know we'll see each other again, should I just ignore her, or pretend to be nice and just disregard the message issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 767 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 03:39 pm
@mlssufan01,

if you can see her, she's not blocking you.

it's possible she simply hasn't read your most recent message yet.

why not ask her about it the next time you see her IRL?
mlssufan01

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 06:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
I feel like asking why she's not responding or if she's seen my messages sounds too desperate, clingy, or needy directly.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 07:39 pm
@mlssufan01,
It certainly does sound needy and desperate. Just ignore the messages and her too! If she's interested she'll respond, if not, move on!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 07:44 pm
@mlssufan01,
mlssufan01 wrote:
should I just ignore her, or pretend to be nice and just disregard the message issue?

why pretend to be nice?

couldn't you just be nice?
mlssufan01

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:11 pm
@ehBeth,
well, if she's being nice and has a legit reason, then sure. Not if she thinks she's too good for me to talk for even 5 seconds, then she doesn't deserve my niceness. I can't be sincerely nice when I'm being ignored.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:14 pm
@mlssufan01,
Quote:
well, if she's being nice and has a legit reason, then sure. But if she thinks she's too good for me to even talk for 5 seconds, then she deserves a talking-to and doesn't deserve niceness. Sometimes people need an authority figure who isn't nice--I'm just not sure which is needed right now.

interesting edit you made there

mlssufan01 wrote:

well, if she's being nice and has a legit reason, then sure. Not if she thinks she's too good for me to talk for even 5 seconds, then she doesn't deserve my niceness. I can't be sincerely nice when I'm being ignored.

sounds like she's better off ignoring you
mlssufan01

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:21 pm
@ehBeth,
I am not saying I would be the authority figure. it's just some people's nature to respond to being told off. This often happens with spoiled children who have always been praised even when they exhibited poor behavior. And I'm not necessarily saying she does deserve it--I'm saying idk her thought process. Like I said, if her reason is legitimate, or she just plains hasn't seen...no biggy. but come on, if someone just rejects you because they think they're better--they deserve to be told otherwise..it's a simple fact. While I think that's what kind of person deserves, it's not necessarily what I'd do, unless it was really, really called for.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:26 pm
@mlssufan01,
Actually, it doesn't matter what you think. She is free to do whatever she wants and if she chooses to ignore you and your messages it's her right to do so. There is absolutely nothing you can do or should do. No one is spoiled, needs a talking to or told otherwise - you're in the wrong here and you better adjust your way of thinking or you'll get more than just a simple rejection! You're a jerk!
mlssufan01

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
right, and like if I ignored her I wouldn't be called a jerk. haha. double standards!
mlssufan01

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:32 pm
@mlssufan01,
and yes, it's her right to ignore me. If she ignores because I am annoying, or because I am a jerk, or because I'm uninteresting, fine. But to ignore me because you think your poop doesn't stink...that's different.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:33 pm
@mlssufan01,
1. you don't know if you've been ignored

2. if you were ignored, you don't know why

___

chill out
0 Replies