thoroughly disappointed

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 11:57 am
I rented Godsend last night and boy was I disappointed. Anybody else see it? It raised some pretty cool ethical issues though.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 11:59 am
I haven't seen it, or heard of it. Tell us more.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 12:10 pm
The story is about a family with an eight year old boy. The boy dies the day after his eigth birthday. A doctor approaches the couple and gives them the oportunity to get their son back...or at least a perfect clone of their son. They decide to do it and even give him the same name. Then after his eight birthday...he begins to change.

I won't give you anymore in case you want to see it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 01:56 pm
The critics hated this film (3% favorable reviews with no good reviews from the major critics). I doubt I'd bother to waste my time:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/godsend/
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 04:38 pm
Erm, I probably won't see it. The reviews sound horrible. I wasn't all that fond of A.I. though either.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:49 am
"A.I." was far superior but even then the typical Spielberg sentimentality took over and could have Kubrick turning in his grave. The little boy was just a bit too sweet and demure and the mother and father were both very weak characters. What could have been poignant and profound verged on the maudlin. Jude Law stole the movie.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 12:04 pm
(I was waiting for Osmond to utter, "I see live people.")
0 Replies