How can i be more confident when i make a presentation

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 02:40 am
I made a PPT and read it again and again.However when i standed in front of my classmate,i became so nervous that i just wanted to finish it as soon as possible.I forgot what i prepared yesterday.I can't help to be nervous and i don't know why.Because i think i have prepared it very well.What can i do?Thanks for your answer.

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 04:41 am
@Abby1213,
Practice more, particularly in front of someone. If you and your friend both need to do this for class, then practice together. One of the things you'll learn as a member of the audience is that the audience is usually not as judgmental as you may be fearing.

In the meantime, this is a skill that comes with practice. And you did it and the earth did not swallow you up in the process! I promise it won't the next time you make a presentation, either.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 04:25 am
@Abby1213,
Practice it in front of your friends or parents so that you can develop a skill to face the auditions while presenting your presentation. And try to connect your auditions with the presentation by asking them some questions like by showing them an image you can ask them that what they can understand with this single image? It will help you to present your presentation with more confident.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 07:20 am
@Abby1213,
There is no substitute for practice (as others are noting here as well). Not that it will necessarily help for this presentation, but each one does get easier. Also, one thing that helps me in work as well - is to be prepared and make sure you completely understand the material you are presenting. Feel comfortable with any props, electrical, computer equipment you are using.

Not sure if you have handouts or other visuals or are able to - but I always felt better when I had some sort of visuals for the audience to look at as well. Depending on the parameters of your assignment - getting the class involved makes a presentation more fun for all parties.

I remember doing one in my marketing class where we had the classroom participate - we broke them into groups and gave each group an assignment - everyone was much more engaged. And the fun part of it made it less stressful for us presenters.

Another thing you could do - is to mentally prepare. One thing that made me more relaxed giving a class presentation was thinking when I am the audience how do I feel about the presenter - you realize that half the time you pretend to pay attention and the other half you are not at all critical but supportive of the presenter. Realizing everyone in the audience is just like you - makes it seem less intimidating.
0 Replies

Nikitaaaaaaaa

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 02:06 am
@Abby1213,
First,you are supposed to familiar with your own ppt,so that you can build your self-confidence effectively. Then,i think you should learn to enjoy yourself when you on the stage. Finally,take more exercises will help a lot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 11:11 am
What is a PPT?
Abby1213

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 11:11 pm
@ossobuco,
powerpoint
0 Replies