Question

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 10:43 pm
I pull up to a stoplight the other day and guess who jogs right in front of my car? My ex-girlfriend. Haven't seen her in months. She must have seen the car because she was running with one hand blocking her face from view. I recognized her, though...same running clothes and the same physical shape, perhaps a few more pounds though. I had to laugh that she was hiding herself...why would a woman who broke up with me have such a dire need to hide herself that way? Isn't that a bit immature on her part? It is like a few months ago, I saw her hiding just outside grocery store, watching me. She is not a child...she's 41 years old. I have never tried to make contact with her; just as I promised, I've left her alone. Your thoughts?

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 03:47 am
Well, if you decide to start stalking her, best to get a different car.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 04:04 am
She probably thinks you're some kind of weirdo stalker, and she's trying to hide from you. I can't say that i blame her for that.
jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:17 am
@Setanta,
How is pulling up to a random stoplight in town and your ex-gf running across the street in front of your car and hiding her face an example of "stalking" her? You haven't read my post, obviously.
0 Replies

jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:19 am
@jim 1968,
Some folks here respond with comments implying that I'm stalking her. NONSENSE! I pull up to random stoplight and she runs in front of my car...that is a random event. Read the whole post if you are going to offer feedback. Meanwhile, I'm dating someone else and have no interest in my ex-gf....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:23 am
@jim 1968,
jim 1968 wrote:
why would a woman who broke up with me have such a dire need to hide herself that way?

she's probably trying to prevent any further direct contact with you

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:27 am
@jim 1968,
you are waaaay over-thinking this
0 Replies

jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
...then she should probably not hide outside the grocery store watching me. I probably am overthinking it, but I remain annoyed by the waste of emotional energy, time and resources also known as "her."
jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 12:14 pm
@jim 1968,
...and she should probably not have her friends call under false pretenses to see if I renewed my subscription to the theater...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 12:18 pm
@jim 1968,
jim 1968 wrote:

same physical shape, perhaps a few more pounds though.

Isn't your mentioning this a little immature on your part?

She's 41?

Is she your high school teacher or something?
jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 12:37 pm
@chai2,
She IS younger than me. Immature to notice? Not at,all
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 04:01 pm
If you live in a smaller community, it would not surprise me if you did bump into each other often.

It's YOUR reaction that is important. Don't acknowledge her unless she says something first, OR she looks at you directly.

It sounds like she didn't want to look at you at the store, so she shielded her face from yours. The running thing just sounded like a coincidence.

Learn to ignore it all and go on with your life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 04:05 pm
@jim 1968,
You are the one responsible for the energy YOU put into this.

Ignore her. Ignore her friends.

Move on.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 05:20 pm
@jim 1968,
jim 1968 wrote:

Immature to notice? Not at,all

No, immature to mention it. Especially when it has nothing to do with anything you are talking about.

You are older than 41 and have the overall mentality about this that you do?

Not sure I believe it, as you've done nothing to indicate you're more than 17.

jim 1968

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 07:50 pm
@chai2,
Sounds like somebody's projecting here...and picks up on the small point, but misses the big point.
chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:09 pm
@jim 1968,
Absolutely not.

Your entire demeanor comes across this way. Even to how you titled this thread.

In addition, I stated you've done nothing to indicate otherwise, meaning I wasn't picking on that one thing.

Question? About what? I'm sure you glanced at other titles of threads before starting this one. The sign of someone very self absorbed. The only reason I clicked on this was to see what high school kid wanted to ask about some unknown subject.

Could you imagine if everyone entitled their thread "Question"?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:14 pm
Actually though, I thought your opening was funny.

Reminded me of the first 35 seconds of this.

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:26 pm
@chai2,
BTW Jimbo, a quote of yours from the beginning of December. Back when you could at least acknowledge you're acting like a high schooler.

Strange how the emotions work, sometimes in ways that appear immature. Saw a recent picture of my ex-girlfriend. She's gained weight, her hair and eyes look dead, and the way she's grasping her fingers together reminds me of when she would suffer from extreme anxiety. Since she ended our relationship, I have bulked up in the gym, my hair has gotten thicker, and I am more relaxed, healthy and productive. My depression is a come-and-go thing that I try to solve with lots of exercise and activities. I know it is immature to feel this way, but her looking not-so-good made me feel better about how things turned out.

Nice.
chai2

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:37 pm
@chai2,
Oh, and here, Jim, is what you had to say about this same woman from when you first met her....

I'm in my mid 40s and there's a woman in her mid-50s

So now she's 41 and you're older than her?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/65708497.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:42 pm
@chai2,
I think this is the earlier ex-girlfriend that Jim has had several threads about - not the more recent one.