There has to be some form of punishment, yeah

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 06:44 pm
At least until my advisors tell me what an idiot I just made of myself.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-lewandowski-they-re-destroying-very-good-person-n548036

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:59 pm
@chai2,
This man is terrifying.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:05 pm
@chai2,
Walks Back!? Is that the same as "recalibrate" and "triangulate"?

The man is unspeakable.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 07:17 am
Question is, is there a sufficient number of likeminded mouth breathers to put him in the White House?

Truly amazing how he's got so far. He would last about one serious, indepth BBC debate over here.
chai2

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 08:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
The problem with that lordy, is that Americans have forgotten, if they ever knew, what a debate is.

Now, it's just become a free for all, and this horrible person just talks over, ignores questions and, well, everything else the world sees him do.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 07:37 pm
@chai2,
I think he has finally blown off his whole foot.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 08:06 pm
It's not just this issue, although the idea that women would be subject to prosecution and possible jail time and fines. (Some kind of punishment), it's EVERY issue.
Trump has no cogent plan or idea on any subject.
He was asked directly if he would consider using a tactical nuclear weapon against ISIS, he answer was to ask to be introduced to the group in attendance. After the intros....the subject had been changed.

gah

Joe(HRC, that's the ticket)Nation
chai2

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 09:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
He thinks people don't notice him doing that. Changing the subject, avoiding any answers, etc.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 06:45 am
He needs to stop answering hypothetical questions because obviously people will over react to your hypothetical answer because they are too stupid to understand what hypothetical means.

This thread is a great example of those people.
boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:01 am
@McGentrix,
Aren't most questions asked of a presidential candidate hypothetical?

The questions are really all based on an "If you're elected...." premise.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:22 am
@boomerang,
"If abortion were illegal, what should happen to a person getting an abortion?"

You think that is a good use of a Presidential Candidates time? Has jack **** to do with anything that might actually happen.
revelette2

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:26 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
You think that is a good use of a Presidential Candidates time?

If you were talking about a candidate other than Trump I may be able to see your point (except states have been trying to circumvent the law around abortion and successfully for some time), but come on, we are talking of Trump. Perhaps the reporter should have just asked Trump to show his hands.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:32 am
@McGentrix,
Making abortion illegal is not a hypothetical. There is a significant, organized effort to do this and it is something that the Republican candidate is expected to support. What is surprising to me is the reaction from the right to Trump's comments. If abortion is illegal and a woman gets an abortion, why isn't she responsible? Oh, because it wasn't her fault, she is a victim in all of this, completely not responsible for her actions. Nor is her partner who drove her to the clinic. It was the evil doctor who committed the dead. I heard an anti abortion activist make that statement with a straight face on a morning news show.
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:33 am
Trump is trying to sucker the holy rollers by portraying himself as snti-abortion. It's a helluva good question. If there's a problem here, it's that Trump doesn't get called on nearly enough of the BS he pukes up trying to be all things toj all conservative voters.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:39 am
@engineer,
The little woman didn't know any better in other words?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:41 am
@McGentrix,
I think it's an excellent use of the candidates time.

This is something I want to know.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 05:03 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
If abortion is illegal and a woman gets an abortion, why isn't she responsible?

Indeed. This is one of those vanishingly rare times when Trump is correct: if abortion is murder, then women who procure abortions should be punished as accessories to murder. It's the same as if a woman hired someone to kill her husband. The law punishes both the trigger man and the wife. We don't say "that poor woman, she didn't know what she was doing when she hired that killer. She's as much a victim as her late husband. Society forced her into that decision. She should be pitied, not jailed."

engineer wrote:
I heard an anti abortion activist make that statement with a straight face on a morning news show.

Probably this interview on NPR. Marjorie Dannenfelser, head of the anti-abortion Susan B. Anthony List, said:

Quote:
But the pro-life movement's position nevertheless, as I mentioned before, connects the woman and the child, both of their outcomes, together. And to punish the woman and - is to compound a problem that is already existing in the culture that led her to make that choice in the beginning.

Or, to put it another way, women can't be trusted to make decisions on their own. If they abort their children, it's only because society made them do it.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:33 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Truly amazing how he's got so far. He would last about one serious, indepth BBC debate over here.

Everyone thought that about US politics (that he would not be taken seriously by this many) till this happened too. And while most of the world would like to think that this could not happen there they are wrong, and no democracy is immune to the occasional buffoon getting more play than they deserve.
0 Replies