9
   

Is this mold?

 
 
Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 03:04 pm
Can anyone please let me know if this is mold. If it is can you please let me know how to get rid of it? Please find a link to the pictures: http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/buckalou/library/

Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 612 • Replies: 7
No top replies

 
PUNKEY
 
  2  
Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:59 pm
Sure looks like it.

You need to find out if it's coming from moisture in the air - from the shower that looks like there is no exhaust fan in the room- OR if it is coming from the outside walls through the interior.

Wash the walls down with bleach and water. Dry thoroughly. Then wait to see what happens.

buckalou
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks for the quick response. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, however, I do keep a window open in there pretty often. I'll try washing the walls down with bleach and water and keep you posted.
rosborne979
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 04:09 am
@buckalou,
It looks like mood to me. Use a bleach and water solution. Spray it on and watch it disappear.
0 Replies
 
AlexEverette
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 07:38 am
@buckalou,
Being that there's no fan, make sure to keep the window and doors open when you clean the walls. I made that mistake once and had trouble breathing and a sore throat for days...
0 Replies
 
techmom
 
  1  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 05:19 pm
@buckalou,
Looks like mold and if it looks like that on the outside it's probably all on the inside of the wall also .. I would take it all out and replace the sheet rock .. Hope you get it taken care of !
0 Replies
 
crawlspacerepair
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:13 am
That looks like mold to me. You do need to find the source. Important to note that mold can be deadly. Bleach can be used to scrub the infected areas, make sure you're wearing a mask. After cleaning, try to put a fan in there or a heater to dry the area. Bleach works, but not always. You may eventually need to replace it. But more importantly, you need to find out if that mold is coming from the inner wall.
0 Replies
 
BrianWilliams
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:32 am
Yes, it is mold and you need to know how to get rid of mold before it can do serious damage. To get rid of the mold fast you have two choices one is you can call up a contractor specializing in mold remediation or you can learn what the contractors know and do it yourself for less. Thanks for sharing these details here, so that everyone can know about this serious issue.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Is this Mold - Question by JoshuaL
Need to ask whether this is mold? - Question by Chunkylad
Help Me Identify This Mold - Question by CyanRaven
Brown 'stains' on wall and ceiling. - Discussion by Hanny
Can you Id this mold/Fungus? - Question by trevor75
Is this mold? If not, what is it? - Discussion by kschmitty01
microbiology - Question by frankw
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is this mold?
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 01/16/2017 at 06:48:24