Is this mold?

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 03:04 pm
Can anyone please let me know if this is mold. If it is can you please let me know how to get rid of it? Please find a link to the pictures: http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/buckalou/library/

Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,924 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:59 pm
Sure looks like it.

You need to find out if it's coming from moisture in the air - from the shower that looks like there is no exhaust fan in the room- OR if it is coming from the outside walls through the interior.

Wash the walls down with bleach and water. Dry thoroughly. Then wait to see what happens.

buckalou

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks for the quick response. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, however, I do keep a window open in there pretty often. I'll try washing the walls down with bleach and water and keep you posted.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 04:09 am
@buckalou,
It looks like mood to me. Use a bleach and water solution. Spray it on and watch it disappear.
0 Replies

AlexEverette

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 07:38 am
@buckalou,
Being that there's no fan, make sure to keep the window and doors open when you clean the walls. I made that mistake once and had trouble breathing and a sore throat for days...
0 Replies

techmom

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 05:19 pm
@buckalou,
Looks like mold and if it looks like that on the outside it's probably all on the inside of the wall also .. I would take it all out and replace the sheet rock .. Hope you get it taken care of !
0 Replies

crawlspacerepair

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:13 am
That looks like mold to me. You do need to find the source. Important to note that mold can be deadly. Bleach can be used to scrub the infected areas, make sure you're wearing a mask. After cleaning, try to put a fan in there or a heater to dry the area. Bleach works, but not always. You may eventually need to replace it. But more importantly, you need to find out if that mold is coming from the inner wall.
0 Replies

BrianWilliams

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:32 am
Yes, it is mold and you need to know how to get rid of mold before it can do serious damage. To get rid of the mold fast you have two choices one is you can call up a contractor specializing in mold remediation or you can learn what the contractors know and do it yourself for less. Thanks for sharing these details here, so that everyone can know about this serious issue.
0 Replies