Foreign language news feed?

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:09 am
I live and work in London and speak English.
Can anyone tell me why for the past three weeks 90% of my newsfeed has been in Armenian, a language and script that I have no understanding of?
How can I change this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 359 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:29 am
@michaellondon,
You may have inadvertently changed your preferred language. Click on the gear wheel and change it to English. Note, I am not giving you specifics because Facebook is constantly changing and tweaking its look and feel - what I see in the upper right corner, you might see on the left. I am trying not to confuse you unnecessarily.

Also, you can control a lot of what you see by hiding stories and also liking, sharing, and commenting on others. Want to see something? Give it positive social signals. Don't want to? Give it negative social signals.
michaellondon

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:55 am
@jespah,
Thank you very much for your quick response.
No, I have already checked "Which languages do you want to use in Facebook" and "Which language do you want stories to be translated into? and both are clearly set as English.
So it does seem odd that everything is coming in Armenian. Anyway, I will try your other suggestions - thanks.
0 Replies