Conversation To Avoid & What To Talk About On A First Date ?

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 09:44 pm
There are a lot of times when we go around speaking about the things which we should not on our first date.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 09:51 pm
@soumyajit nath,
This is a world wide site and we all have varying cultures, even within our cultures. Your culture may have very different ideas about what is appropriate on a first date.

Some of us are pretty loose, just talking, like two humans.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 10:00 pm
@soumyajit nath,
On a first date I want to scare off anyone who isn't right for me. If I am going to offend someone, it is better that I do this on the first date than on the fifth or sixth.

I make it a point to talk about politics and religion on the first date. I have a generally irreverent sense of humor about anything religious or spiritual, this is something that a potential mate needs to know and accept. And I have political views that are important to me.

I tend to not talk about sex on the first date, but this is just because I don't want my date to feel I am pressuring her not because I am avoiding any subject.

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 10:23 pm
@maxdancona,
and if we are trying to not scare her off, we should definitely NOT talk about any protective orders people had taken out against us. Further, try to avoid saying anything about pets if you own more than 6 cats.

LLessee, call your flat a "walk up" rather than your mom' basement.

0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 03:41 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
On a first date I want to scare off anyone who isn't right for me. If I am going to offend someone, it is better that I do this on the first date than on the fifth or sixth.

It's more than 20 years since I last had a first date (I have been very happily with a lady since then) but there wouldn't have been a "first date" unless I was fairly sure the other person and I were compatible in a kind of cultural way, by which I mean politics, (lack of) religion, etc.

Incidentally I met my partner at a Hallowe'en party, we were both drunk, we went home to my place the same night, we have been together 23 years.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 06:40 am
Avoid mentioning where the bodies are hidden.
ilikeyou

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 12:11 pm
@maxdancona,
The girl should talk about her lifestyle on the first date. Man’s stories will take 20 percent of the time according to the classical scheme of 20/80. Why cheerful date has to be that way? Actions are more valuable from the male side: chivalry to start. All men primarily are interested in girl’s appearance. That is why he need help in understanding uniqueness of his companion as well.
ilikeyou

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 12:12 pm
@ilikeyou,
And relations will not end on the first date or the first sex. ))
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 12:13 pm
Blocked toilets.

Never start a conversation about blocked toilets.
margo

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:49 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Blocked toilets.

Why on earth not?? It seems like a good, sensible, neutral topic!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 05:01 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:

Well, not unless the story ends with an unblocked toilet. You'd be surprised by how many women are impressed by, and drawn to, a man with a talent for successfully using a plunger.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 05:27 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Avoid mentioning where the bodies are hidden.

And if you do happen to slip up and mention it, for god sake leave out out the part about the bodies belonging to first dates that didn't work out.
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
I dare to object. I had several successful talks about my fecal experience and one can learn much about culture, politics and the other person within this topic!

OP!

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Things-to-Talk-About
http://www.wikihow.com/Act-on-a-First-Date
http://www.wikihow.com/Impress-Someone-on-a-First-Date
http://www.wikihow.com/Act-on-a-Date-(for-Boys)
http://www.wikihow.com/Win-a-Guy-over-on-the-First-Date

You are welcome!
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 04:28 pm
@soumyajit nath,
Its important to be yourself, show diversity as opposed to being a broken record about a single subject, current events can spark a good conversation even if both parties are not in complete agreement, you can talk about family, work, school, hobbies, books you've read, movies, food, travel, etc. And prepare to asks your date some question to show interest in them as a person. If something seems off, don't be afraid to dig a little deeper-the more you learn about the person the better-this will help you decide if tis is a relationship worth investing in. As the friendship/relationship develops you want to make sure the person has the character traits that you value and a temperament that is compatible with yours.

If you are looking for a serious relationship I recommend that you make a list of character traits that are important to you and that you consider them carefully. If you are just dating around and want to keep it light and casual make that well known also-do whatever you can to be open and honest and expect the same from the other person.

Good Luck & Have Fun!!
0 Replies