advice please, no bashing!

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 01:12 pm
I need to know if I'm just imaging things or there is something going on. About a year ago I met one of my husbands friends through work. We got along well and had many similar interests. My husbands friend is also married. We as couples would try to get together and do things, but his wife is a real ice queen, and no I'm not just saying that everyone that has ever met her says the same thing. Anyways, me and this friend were friends on FB as well and would often send each other memes etc of things that we both would find funny. There was one time that he really was kind to me, when my husband attempted to cheat on me and I caught him. This friend immediately sent me a message and calmed me down. We stopped talking for a while after that and he even removed me from his FB. Whatever. A few months later we connected again and the same things began happening again. We would flirt on FB, and even through messenger. One night it got pretty rowdy but nothing highly inappropriate. Anyway, the friend invited my husband and I over for a game night with some friends. His wife was out of town that night. Everyone was having fun and I was pretty tipsy, my husband wanted to leave because he had work the next day, and I didn't. Well the friend offered to let me stay the night there and he would drive me home. No big deal. So my husband left. Well things occurred. First he kissed me, then there was some hardcore flirting, and yes it was in front of others. The end of the night happened as one might imagine. Now I will say that we were both highly intoxicated but not so much that we didn't know what was happening, especially when it happened twice. Anyways the next morning I left before he got up because I literally could not stop throwing up. After that I gave it a few days and then sent him a text asking if he was alright. He responded with he was fine but realized he needed to focus on his marriage right then and there. Fine not big deal I understood that as I needed to do the same. Well its been a while since it happened and now he ignores me pretty much, I mean he'll talk when he sees me but that's about it. My husband and him are still friends and still work together and they get along great, ironically. No neither of our spouses know what happened, nor will they. Recently the friend has been getting weird. He said something really rude to my husband a month ago about my husband not getting laid right in front of me. Like he was trying to start a fight between us. Also, right now my husband and I are in a good place. And I guess as boys will be boys, my hubby has been divulging some intimate moments between me and him. He has said (my hubby) that the friend is literally hanging on every word he tells him and is always asking for more details about me. I can't seem to figure this out. What the hell does that mean? Also, he is always asking my husband about things I post on FB, so I'm thinking he's been creeping a bit, plus he showed open jealousy when other guys talk to me near him. But he ignores me! Barely talks to me at all. But then does that what the hell is going on? Does he still like me, does he hate me? Is he confused?

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 02:10 pm
Can I ask why you care so much?

Concentrate on your marriage and your husband.

This guy sounds like nuthin' but problems.
hawkeye811

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 02:41 pm
@PUNKEY,
TBH I would like some concrete closure.
jespah

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 04:32 pm
@hawkeye811,
Closure is overrated.

He's a jerk. No sense in giving him rent-free space in your head.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 07:37 am
@hawkeye811,
If "closure" is so important to you, then I think you should realize that you already have had closure. He told you he wanted to concentrate on his marriage. You agreed to do the same. Sounds like closure to me.

Personally, I think you should talk to your husband about sharing intimate details with his friend.
0 Replies