Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:10 am
Dear all,

I am currently working on a project for school regarding Marriott International Inc. In their 10k report of 2015, they mention they "maximize and maintain their financial flexibility by recycling their investment". After reading this is went online and tried to find what this is and how it works, however I was unfortunate. I hope someone on this forum can help me out and explain what this is, how it works and possible provide me with an example.

Thanks in advanced.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,529 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:27 am
@daantjec1,
This has to be a new corporate buzzword. Reading this my guess would two fold. I know that Marriott has revamping in the green area...making hotels more environmentally favorable, etc.

That might be oart, but I also see many renovations in their hotels so they may be focusing on updating....recycling...their current properties rather than building new. Does their touch at all about building new properties? Maybe they are focusing on improving what they have rather than building new?I'd imagine there are tax benefits to this .. both renovating and renovating to make a property more green.
daantjec1

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:40 am
@Linkat,
Thanks for your response! As far as I read they do not touch upon anything specific, hence my question. I looked at it more from a equity point of view, thinking along the lines of using invested money again as soon as the investment pays out but this just seems like regular investing...
Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 05:03 pm
@daantjec1,
Mine is a pure guess you could try emailing Marriott and see if they would answer you.
0 Replies