OPEN CARRY AT THE RNC

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 05:09 am
Some four thousand people have signed a petition to allow firearms to be openly carried at the Republican National Convention.

Whadayathink, Goys and Birls?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 05:47 am
@Setanta,
Cruz and Trump supporters will ironically hold a Mexican standoff if that's allowed to happen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 05:55 am
We may soon learn just how freedom-loving the Republican party really is.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 06:03 am
I think it's a wonderful idea.
jespah

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 06:08 am
Well, it could sure sort things out in a hurry.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 06:09 am
@George,
George wrote:
I think it's a wonderful idea.
And it would be very helpful as well! Quoting from the petition "the only way to stop a bad delegate with a gun is to ensure the hall is full of good delegates with guns".
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:24 am
@Setanta,
He* who brings the M2 Machine Gun or Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun with several cases of rounds gets to announce the winning nominee of the 2016 Republican National Convention.

*Subject has to be white, male, registered Republican/card-toting NRA member of 30+ years, at least 60 years of age.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:31 am
@Setanta,
whats the Las Vegas line on gun mayhem at the RNC?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 12:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quoting from the petition "the only way to stop a bad delegate with a gun is to ensure the hall is full of good delegates with guns".

So it's not a serious petition? I was thinking that it was a good idea, but it won't get anywhere if it is full of sarcasm.

We have an ongoing battle with our Republican governor in Michigan about allowing people to carry guns in public schools. He just won't see reason.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 02:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
So it's not a serious petition?
At least, it looks serious.
I think, it's a good idea to stop a bad Republican delegate with a gun by good delegates with a gun: you won't get, for instance, all the horror like at the 1924 Democratic National Convention.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Some four thousand people have signed a petition to allow firearms to be openly carried at the Republican National Convention.
Are they not already allowed to carry firearms at the convention? What state is it being held in? Who decided something like that? Is it the state or the county or the people running the convention itself?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:15 pm
This is legitimate (so to speak), and Ohio-dot-com, run by the Akron Beacon-Journal, reports that there are now more than 5000 signatures. Yes, Ohio allows "open carry." Apparently, the arena does not.

The sarcasm is merely the product of opportunistic self-amuse--the petition and the story about it are for real.
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 10:36 pm
@Setanta,
Cool. I hope they allow it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:42 pm
@oralloy,
It's a God given right, according to the petition. (Signed by 18.561 already.)
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 11:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
yep, its in the Bible.

"Jesus discharged the Apostles"
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 06:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The sarcasm is merely the product of opportunistic self-amuse--the petition and the story about it are for real.

Ok. I just hadn't heard anything about it before I saw this thread. But I do see the opportunity for self-amusement Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 07:01 am
@Setanta,
RNC to Stadium owner, can we allow Open Carry at the RNC event in your venue?

Stadium owner calls insurance company...

Hello, how much would it cost us to change our policy to allow open carry at the facility during the RNC? Yes, we're serious, why? Yes, I assume Donald Trump will be there, as will all the remaining candidates. Yes, they will probably be milling around in the crowd shaking hands and what-not. No, we won't be allowed to discriminate based on who enters the event. So yes, I assume people with turbans will be allowed. Yes, people of any race and any religion will all have to be allowed. Yes, they will all be allowed to carry any type of gun they want as long as it's not an automatic weapon. No, pipe bombs and grenades will still be restricted, and now that you mention it, we don't even allow firecrackers, those are too dangerous. Yes, toy guns that look like automatic weapons will still be banned, those could be mistaken for real weapons and cause an issue, "accidentally" of course.

You have to speak with your legal team, yes, I'll hold... Ok, you have to add a paragraph to our policy, that's fine. The paragraph starts with what? Well, I think the term Bloodbath is a bit overstated, don't you? What? Yes, I guess Massacre sounds a bit better... oh, you want to use them both, not one or the other, I see. (Cha Ching) It's gonna cost WHAT!?

Stadium owner to RNC: NO, you may not allow open carry at the event! Click.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 09:44 am
@rosborne979,
Its interesting that, often, at gun shows in Pa, they restrict "carry" rules and do not invite you with open "arms"
Cabela's also has a store policy to notify the store with concealed carry on entry. Ive never pushed it so I dont know what Cabella is requiring of you after you notify them .
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 11:39 am
I am honestly pleased to say that I find most of this thread incomprehensible.

For the past few hours I had thought that Open Carry referred to carrying alcohol openly in the USA, and only found it to be something much more serious when I finally had a peek at the posts.

I'm glad that we can only throw fists and the odd egg or two over here at such events.
Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 11:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yeah . . . you miss all the fun.

Don't know of somewhere in North Lunnun where i could get a room cheaply?
0 Replies