Kangaroo on the Menu

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:09 am
Why would a wildlife sanctuary serve Kangaroo, and sell feral cat hats?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,277 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tikarain

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 12:31 pm
Where did you read this? First, what I do know is that kangaroo populations are strong and they do controlled hunts to keep populations in check...and as far a feral cats there isn't much protection for them since they are a nuisance species. They become part of the habitat because of human carelessness and can really disrupt a region's ecosystem. For example, in Hawaii most of the avian population is flightless (if not all) and when a cat is abandoned to fend for itself...it would place a great burden on the birds who up until that point had not had the worries of predators like such. They would be at a great disadvantage and unable to fend for themselves. I could probably discuss this better if I knew more specifics about your information.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:18 pm
Bec ause kangaroos are NOT endangered, they provide good, healthy meat (if you eat meat), and it makes more sense t ouse them because they do way less environmental damage than sheep and cattle (or, god help us, goats) do.

And Wamsley used the 'orrible cat hats to publicise his campaign against feral cats.

But, of course, the answers are in the article.
0 Replies

tikarain

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:30 pm
Jeez, I didn't even see the link to the article..new to the site and didn't realize that I could see the article. Thanks for the direction. Now I can read what the heck it was all about!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:35 pm
Lol! And welcome.

Links are in blue.
0 Replies

tikarain

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:40 pm
thanks..next time I'll be prepared lol!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:00 pm
Geesh, next time I'll spell it out for you...

h..t..t..p..:../../.....

Just kidding. Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies