can a man forgive cheating gf ??

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:56 am
i'm a 24 year old student. i've been with my bf for 1 year. i recently cheated on him with my classmate. it was a mistake and i regret it so bad. my bf found out about our sexting and about the night i spent with the other guy. he got so mad he hit me and told the story to my mother who was very devastated. due to all that, i restarted my whole life from scratch. my friends , my family , my relationship with God an myself. i lost a loving bf but i won myself. i told all this to my bf. he said he's sorry he involved mu mom into this and that he forgives me after we sat down and talked about everything.i told him i've changed and i want a second chance but he refused more than once. last time i saw him.he said he no longer hates neither loves me.he only wants to forget he ever met me.he hugged me against his chest and put a kiss on my head and apologized. i apologized myself. and that was it. usually women forgive cheating men but it's more complicate the other way around. so, my question is would he ever consider starting over again ?? if you were him what would you do ??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 06:35 am
ONE year is not a long time to be involved with someone. I'd like to suggest that you weren't ready for a committed relationship, and your roaming away from the relationship only confirms that.

Forgive yourself and start over, this time wiser. (And take some time before jumping into bed.)

RE: old BF: He's not going to come back because you beg him. Let him go. If he comes back, then you can start again. But don't hold your breath.
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:05 am
@mimimimimimi,
From evolutionary biology point of view: there is a reason why women tend to forgive cheating faster than men. If has things to do with resource access etc. If you are interesting in knowing more, I suggest do some research to understand why men might feel hurt about this and take is seriously.

about you:

every person is simply different. Some may take it easier, some not. I think his reaction was pretty legitimate - he did not create drama, not shouting, no bad emotions, told you he lost his trust and therefore he is leaving you. I think you did one very nice thing: were honest with him.

From this point of view, no one did a mistake and life is going on. You might or might not try to reconnect with him, no one can tell you what to do or predict reaction.

Also, PUNKEY - cheating is a bad thing for sure, but we do not know circumstances behind it, so I would not be judgmental.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:26 am
@mimimimimimi,
Quote:
i lost a loving bf but i won myself

You got something far more valuable than what you lost.

If you don't get him back, hang on to what you got.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 08:11 am
@mimimimimimi,
mimimimimimi wrote:

...he got so mad he hit me .... i lost a loving bf ...

These two sentences contradict one another.

Don't go back to someone who hits you.
0 Replies