sold my car

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:59 am
I sold one of my cars over a year ago to a friend of a friend. A few months ago he brings me a copy of parking tickets I had on not just the car I sold him but also the other car I had registered. He then tells me I owe him because he had to pay my tickets in order to register the car i sold him. This doesnt add up to me. My question is has anyone ever gone through this or is he trying to scam me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,405 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:08 pm
@nataliebx,
Depends on your jurisdiction.

In a number of jurisdictions in North America, you would not have been able to sell the car without clearing all of your outstanding tickets.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:34 pm
@nataliebx,
so who scams whom
nataliebx

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 04:08 pm
@ehBeth,
thnx ehbeth
i was at dmv got it somewhat cleared up
0 Replies

nataliebx

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 04:28 pm
@farmerman,
he definitely tried to scam me!! i was in dmv they told me they dont make the new owner to pay the old owners parking tickets they would suspend or take my license. I met with him, explained this to him he basically confessed that he owed close to two thousand in parking violations and had a suspended license so he thought if he paid my parking tickets he could just register the car with my name again because i was the previous owner. Now he wants me to pay him the $135 he paid for my tickets.
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 07:00 am
@nataliebx,
You both are scammers - why don't you just pay the tickets you owe and he pays his tickets? Then you both can now register cars under the correct names and be good members of our society.

I don't feel bad for either of you as you are both trying to get away with something - not paying fines you owe and then not being honest either one of you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:54 pm
@nataliebx,
Ask him for his receipts.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:57 pm
@nataliebx,
Obviously, you owe him $135.00. He may have saved you from the embarrassment of a bench warrant and a day or so in jail for contempt of court. Don't ask, its very serious. A lot of kids spend their first time in jail over this and it can degenerate further if one doesn't keep up with all the repercussions. Thank him and pay him.
0 Replies