@ossobuco,
Quote:
Are you running for Site Asshole?

Is there a fiduciary duty vacancy?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 06:52 am
@alexpari1,
It's both, depending on whom you talk to. There are some yelling people and also some more serious people here.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:06 am
@ossobuco,
I like the site too.... and I am the one being called "asshole".
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:10 am
@Olivier5,
I would love to see your lists, Olivier, of who you think are the yelling people and who you think are the serious people.

The interesting question is how much overlap there is between your lists.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 08:12 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I would love to see your lists, Olivier, of who you think are the yelling people and who you think are the serious people.

I should probably "take the fifth", but my reputation is already so low here that I don't have much to lose. So here you go:

You are part of the "serious" list, together with Osso, Chai, Joe from C. (Nation too, but he's not around that much), Walter, Farmerman, Beth, Edgar, Fin, Lash, Robert, Revelette, Blatham, Parados, Jespah.... Forgetting quite a few, no doubt. "Serious" in the sense that you try to respect other posters and engage in serious discussions with them - not that you're never funny.

Then there's the "asshole" list. These posters are generally a waste of my time, as they are too emotional (i.e. angry, spiteful) to be able to argue rationally. By now it's not a secret that Izzy is on that list, together with Glitter and Bobsal. Hawk used to be there too, as was Frank, Timur, Ionus and a few others. They are good for "battle threads", and that's about it.

Then there's those who are neither consistantly fair nor consistantly unfair. Many people in there. It's most frustrating not to be able to pigeonhole them... :-) I place myself in that category too.

There's also the "idiot" list: people who are just too stupid to mind. Qehog for instance. To A2K's credit, these are very few.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 08:37 am
@Olivier5,
Why did nature "invented" mosquitos ? They MUST fit a place in the ecosystem...so do said "assholes". A2K seems to me a very good example of a feature complete enviroment...
Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 08:46 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Well, like the mosquitoes.... the assholes exist because they can manage to suck someone's blood once in a while.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 09:50 am
@Olivier5,
I wasn't seriously asking you to name names, Olivier.

But thank you. It amuses me that I am on your "serious" list and Osso's "asshole" list. Maybe that means I am a serious asshole.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:15 am
@maxdancona,
Glad to amuse you. We all have these lists, of course, and they are all different. I'm just spilling my beans for the fun of it.
0 Replies