Religion and Fear

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 09:16 am
@TomTomBinks,
FEAR exudes from your post. I see it clearly.

Just two utterly abstract words, like something under the bed: Fear and Religion. St Francis and a tree-worshipper are the same to you because you FEAR the difference.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 09:32 am
@AugustineBrother,
I guess children have innate knowledge. In that case let's let them design bridges and run governments.
Children are not fully developed, they must be taught and guided. To assume their misconceptions are real is about the most backward thing I've ever heard.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
That's the way I see it too! Control of the masses - and their money.
When I walked into the Vatican for the very first time, my first question was "why?" This architectural marvel at a cost that defines grossness while humans starve and live in hovels.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/14/16957985-inside-the-vatican-the-8-billion-global-institution-where-nuns-answer-the-phones?lite
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:20 pm
@TomTomBinks,
A mindless statement by a heartless person.

Who cares what you believe ? Really, what damn interest is your non-interest? you use words like 'undoubtedly' but you come off as a schoolgirl. That is not an opinion shared by any scholar I know. The hope of eternal life or life after death is not fear of death except to a moron.

Your fears are just that, YOUR fears. You see shadows from your child bed and think all the world sees them too. Honestly you should just grow up.
AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:21 pm
@oristarA,
But it can't be improved because every convert who says I love Jesus and my life is so much better -- will be dismissed.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 09:52 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
Who cares what you believe ? Really, what damn interest is your non-interest? you use words like 'undoubtedly' but you come off as a schoolgirl. That is not an opinion shared by any scholar I know. The hope of eternal life or life after death is not fear of death except to a moron.

Is this an example of your Christian empathy? "Who cares what you believe?"
What would your Jesus say to that, hypocrite?
Now I understand why the Romans used to feed you people to lions in the Coliseum.
I'm sure any scholar you know has read exactly one book and derives all his knowledge from it.
sky123

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:02 am
@TomTomBinks,
belief in God is great.
I love it. Actually I love all the creation.
heart, flower, candle, mother, women, smile, Love...
aren't these beautiful?
why fear?!!!
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:03 am
@sky123,
Did you even read my original post?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:31 am
@TomTomBinks,
Most don't. But I think August usually reads ONLY the OP, often after the poster is long gone.
sky123

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:58 am
@TomTomBinks,
yes I read it
you say I fear then I worship!
but I don't fear! but still I worship..
Love at first sight..
have you ever experienced it??
did you open Newton's principia to find a mathematical formula to justify that?
I say when at midnight I wake up and I watch the sky and the stars I feel a sense of worship..
no matter what this sense is but it is beautiful! sense of being part of this magnificent wonderful majestic creation.. I don't care for those monsters who do terrible things under the name of religion that has affected your mind and many other people like you....
But...
I love watching sunset, I love watching a candle burning and dying and shining in the darkness to show the difference between darkness and light.. like a lover who shows the difference between love and a purposeless life..
and beyond that I worship who has created all these beauties..
now you say I die and then everything will be finished?!!!Absolutely it will be just the beginning! my dear Tom...
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 06:29 pm
@Leadfoot,
He's been absent for a few days. Do you think he's gone? Do you think Augie is someone's alter ego?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 06:32 pm
@sky123,
I'm glad that you find joy and see beauty in the world; so do I. You find majesty and deeper meaning. Wonderful.
My original post had to do with the origins of religion. It doesn't mean that I believe others worship out of fear.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 07:35 am
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
He's been absent for a few days. Do you think he's gone? Do you think Augie is someone's alter ego?
Quote:

I think he gets discouraged when few or none get what he's saying (like we all probably do) and takes a break. I don't recognize his writing style so I think he's new.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 11:34 am
@Leadfoot,
Someone here thought he was the reincarnation of Gungasnake.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 11:36 am
@TomTomBinks,
I don't see enough politics in it for gunga.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
I haven't been around long enough to really know anybody that well, but I have noticed similarity in writing or wording style in some new members. They seem to show up in groups of two or three in the religion forums and they all seem to sound alike. I suspect they are one user trying to make it seem like there are more people that share their beliefs.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:59 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I recall gunga. None of that group really sound like him. He was a good poster, by the way - if you could only pry him away from religion and Russia.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 09:21 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Ah Know who you mean...
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:39 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Funny but most unbelievers have to think that way. A real thinker, believer or not, knows that shared beliefs mean nothing for an argument......But evidently your shared belief that this is so DOES provide comfort to you. Well, okay
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:40 pm
@TomTomBinks,
You would feel better thinking that, so do it. Don't ask permission of others to think it, just do it.
0 Replies