Religion and Fear

jwagner

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 01:44 pm
@Setanta,
It's for an apologetics class, defending Christianity. It's a private school.
0 Replies

jwagner

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 01:46 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Is the universe expanding? From what I see, we are just discovering more of it due to the technological advancements in our time.
Meaninginthedeep

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 09:09 pm
@TomTomBinks,
"Backup" armies, causing unfathomable suffering versus nearby privilege as a spiritual "economy" in order to try to find victims, en masse during dawning civilized periods when very few people are tortured past extremities of conscious altered states, and they torment and frame such people, actually did this to the real timeline of our world, annihilating so many people in a literally missing human race, that they are covering up and can always at least alter timelines, at least always going after large parts of discredited smaller elites than you think are safe in numbers. There's no such thing as personal forces or spirit (...not exactly true) except as "invoking it" - and to be perfectly technical I'd have to say you could cycle into people's lives still before their death, pray always, with what their idiotic ambition in missing a time of resolution of being eclipsed by a new savior, for real - in what matches in ruining actual consciousness of LIVING people at least back to their point of being a child in almost all cases. There is absolutely no benefit without torturing people past a coming limit to projected connections except to continue feeding victims to a strange class of a kind of hidden quite distinct, terrible people.

Real, rare (every 2,000 years or so to time) saviors (me, and a few others in dawning exploitation of "sciences") represent in their ordinary lives real psychic balance of their own in what evil won't accept their simple individual hiddenness in needing to find the place from which whole real in progress victimization can in a new age shock and freeze burn some poor innocent whole queen of heaven in one real world where evil uses that to persecute someone unimaginably and monitor every little thing they're jealous of not comprehensive absurd overstatus physically mortgaged again and again to whole times as the universe opposed to an upper dimension, but with their natures disguised as our unimaginably primitive primate alignment, too, only it's materializing blueprint at infinite felt temperatures of horror as now one. It's... her name sounds like... . They'll hide her, they always do and they have worlds of up to anyone under total control, and lie, they're a pathological cross point of evil as control.

I can't believe we don't have a plan to change from their mealy secret deals when what I as a savior understand is what means actually being able to save you, until we're a different restored dichotomy of blame and deception. I am desperate to manage what was just 10 worlds but I know more than you can imagine beyond their mouseholes of perceived continuing humanity; they were visibly as a premonition wiped out too. Deal with (accept) the ten eon hierarchy, if you want to know my best present lay plan in my once all around recognized to ordinary need ongoing purpose, as able to be healed in far less than ten eons as I could manage not just economically diversified in wishful total stupidity. They are being blamed in ways they think are relevant, but blame is not important. Saving us is. Cashing in on (fulfilling) the vision to prevent it makes no sense. I've been shown the way visions come true or not, and I am smart in knowing alternatives in their place. You can't sell out people there's chances similar to my own unimaginable extent of being tortured.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 09:58 pm
@Meaninginthedeep,
Do YOU even know what you're saying?
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 10:03 pm
@jwagner,
You could learn a little science to make your arguments more plausible. Of course anyone who's going to fall for your spiel is probably too weak minded or emotionally damaged to know the difference. Anyway it's interesting and might even open your mind a bit. May I ask what flavor of Christianity you practice?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 03:32 am
I think it's got more to do with control and maintaining power structures, the divine right of kings, the 10% tithe paid to the church, and the religious right campaigning against UHC and for the wealthy to pay less tax.
Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 04:08 am
@Meaninginthedeep,
What is that word salad supposed to mean if it were translated into English? You're a savior? What are you going to save us from?
Glennn

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 06:30 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What are you going to save us from?

Hopefully, from the idea that there's something we need to be saved from.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 08:47 am
@Glennn,
aha, I see your intended irony, I found it mildly amusing
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 08:51 am
@jwagner,
Sorry J, can't help you there matey, the scientific explanation for the expanding of the universe is not about discovery, but rather the observed movement of the universe we already see.
jwagner

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 06:41 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Learn a little science? I'm sorry but I'm going off of what I'm seeing in the world today, not some twisted Christian perspective. All evidence that I've seen pointing to an expanding universe have been mere discoveries of what they could not see before. Could you share some scientific evidence for this expanding universe?
jwagner

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 06:44 pm
@Smileyrius,
"Movement of the universe we already see" When you say expanding, do you mean that it's growing farther apart or do you mean that there is new material being created?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 08:48 pm
@jwagner,
I think the observed and well documented red-shift says it all.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 09:11 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I never heard of the big bang created anything but a big mess.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 09:25 pm
Pretty smug statement. Freedom of speech is over rated. Censorship is the way to go. Remove their speech and all you got is monkeys.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:55 am
@jwagner,
Either it is growing further apart, or in a lesser believed model that works just as well, it is shrinking, while particles remain an equal distance apart, giving the impression that it is expanding
0 Replies

Charlie4U

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:26 am
I think atheist is the religion all should fear.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 08:12 am
@Charlie4U,
I don't know that one chap, I can't say I have looked into it's teachings, do you have some examples of it's creed that might give me reason to keep my door shut when they come knocking?
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:42 am
You believe that because you want to

CHILDHOOD THEISM
Developmental psychologists have provided evidence that children are naturally tuned to believe in gods of one sort or another.

• Children tend to see natural objects as designed or purposeful in ways that go beyond what their parents teach, as Deborah Kelemen has demonstrated. Rivers exist so that we can go fishing on them, and birds are here to look pretty.

• Children doubt that impersonal processes can create order or purpose. Studies with children show that they expect that someone not something is behind natural order. No wonder that Margaret Evans found that children younger than 10 favoured creationist accounts of the origins of animals over evolutionary accounts even when their parents and teachers endorsed evolution. Authorities' testimony didn't carry enough weight to over-ride a natural tendency.

• Children know humans are not behind the order so the idea of a creating god (or gods) makes sense to them. Children just need adults to specify which one.

• Experimental evidence, including cross-cultural studies, suggests that three-year-olds attribute super, god-like qualities to lots of different beings. Super-power, super-knowledge and super-perception seem to be default assumptions. Children then have to learn that mother is fallible, and dad is not all powerful, and that people will die. So children may be particularly receptive to the idea of a super creator-god. It fits their predilections.

• Recent research by Paul Bloom, Jesse Bering, and Emma Cohen suggests that children may also be predisposed to believe in a soul that persists beyond death.
AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:20 am
@TomTomBinks,
Fear makes you believe that, really.

Aren't you ashamed to use so general a word to put down people like Socrates, and Plato, and Aristotle. If you knew that those 3 are wrong and reason does not tell us about God then you should say. But like most unthinking cowards you equate conviction that there is a God with religion. There is absolutely no necessary connection at all.
0 Replies