Where do I begin?

-A-

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 01:51 pm
Where do I begin?

Neural brain cognition is the essence of the mind. There is no mind without the body (brain organ). Thus the mind-body split is falsified by one important observation. An organism does not require consciousness to be alive. Therefore the body can and does exist without the mind. The body is the foundation for the mind. The mind is the extension, apex, and height of any individual quality. Any organism is judged according to its mind or mindlessness with relation to its body.

Humanity is an apex specie of creature on earth that has a relatively high cognition and mental state compared to inferior mammals. Humanity symbolizes the advancement of intelligence and cognitive evolution on both individual and collective scales. The brain capacity and mental power of one human can outweigh the value of an entire colony of bees or a flock of birds. But the collective intelligence of groups must be respected. Perhaps a group of apes and monkeys exceed the brain power and capacity of a single, low-quality human.

Humanity expresses both great individual and collective intellectual (cognitive) quality. An individual with a very powerful cognition and mental state is recognized as Genius. A society with great cognition is recognized through superior culture and enlightenment. However individuals must be separated and kept distinct from societies; because there is an important distinction between them. On one level an individual is other than society; and a society is other than an individual. Categorization is the mental process that distinguishes between singular individuals or multifarious societies.

Individuals are defined by identities. All minds of every specie attempts to make itself distinct according to its living willpower. Because to exist is also to separate from any environment. Life itself is a separation from the environment as any cellular organism or virus forms a body unto itself. Thus individuality follows a rule and embodies a law. All creatures exist in such a way to separate apart from everything else. Thus the distinction between what is alive, what is dead, and what is non-living, can be made.

The possibility of consciousness begins when life separates from non-life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,347 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 04:25 pm
@-A-,
-A-, Our distinctions based on a dualistic form of reasoning, entertain the prop that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else. Thus the humanoid is partly dead while the chlorine atom is partly alive. Consciousness too is an analog tribute not digital. Thus anything supposedly "alive" is at least partly conscious (and possibly something not considered alive, such as PC)
fresco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 01:23 am
@-A-,
Quite a good essay except for the penultimate paragraph which ignores the holistic interdependence of 'lifeforms'. (B+ Smile )
0 Replies

-A-

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:45 am
@dalehileman,
How “You” and “I” were formed.

Humanity has developed a very sophisticated and complex procedure to build the individuality, independence, and cognitive identity of any singular person. Very early in life humans are assigned names. Yet one name stands above all others and remains unseen by the majority. Along with your familial name is the universal name of “I”. This “Name of I” is a name that most humans share with one-another, with exceptions and distinctions found across the borders of foreign cultures and languages. Different societies, histories, and philosophies develop different notions of the “I-Name”. When “You” and “I” share the I-Name then “We” refer to our distinct and individual selves as We, a group, a society, a race, a nation of people. But “We” are also a population of “I”.

Every individual is different in at least some subtle way. No ‘I’ is the exact same as the next; thus there is no true equality or equal value of I. Every person, every ego, every identity is separated by bodies, proximity, time and space. Your existence is not identical with another. Thus ‘I’ becomes distinct and expands its individuality.

“I” can be male or female, tall or short, wide or narrow, white or black, rich or poor. I can be any nation, any race, any society. I can be any person, at any time, in any place. I exist throughout humanity. I am humanity. I –is– Humanity. What you know as your ‘I’, yourself, your ego, is everything of value to any person. The I-Name and I-Identity has utmost importance. Very few people can truly or realistically separate Ego from its I-Name identification. Because what are you without “I” and with a name? What is the body without the mind?

I-Identity is an education and represents a passage of (Human) culture. All I’s together represent the whole of Humanity as a large, all-encompassing Hominid specie. Thus the I-Name binds everybody who is distinct and individual into one grouping. I is a unifying idea, a unifying name and recognition. Everybody recognizes “I” as thyself. Begin to consider how “I” is formed, not only in your life, your childhood, your maturity, but also in others and throughout the history of humanity.

Where did “I” come from?

Where do “I” begin?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 01:10 pm
@-A-,
Thank you -A- for that rundown on the "I"

It is described however in dualistic humanoid language; whereas for instance the apodictical existential pantheist noting it lacks the means to describe our notion of God as All; the Universe Her body, the activity therein Her thinking

The soul being everything about one except his body

Granted your intention involved no such requirement, nonetheless your description of identity most excellent. Noting your profile empty I am curious about you: age, nat'l, ed., interests, rel, mari status, kids, etc. If you wish to avoid such revelation in public forum I'm [email protected]
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 01:01 am
@-A-,
Unless that is a rhetorical question designed to introduce your next chapter, the general answer is that 'self' is considered to be a by product of socialization via language. See, for example Daniel Dennett.
0 Replies