Mythbusters ended after 14 seasons

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 07:54 pm
Discovery ended one of it few or for that matter only worthwhile show on it network.

Compared to Mythbusters they are still running Naked and Afraid and moonshiners and so on.

They seems to be proud to be part of the army for the dumbing down of the nation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,237 • Replies: 9
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 08:08 pm
@BillRM,
It was a great show.
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 08:21 pm
@rosborne979,
It was not only a great show but it was the only show off hand that I can think of that was worth watching on that network.

The so call history channel is down to only one or two shows that are mildly worth watching also.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 08:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
It was not only a great show but it was the only show off hand that I can think of that was worth watching on that network.

Yeh, I know it. I find it frustrating as well. Many of the "educational" networks are going this way and I'm not sure why except that it must increase their audience. You would think that with a show like Mythbusters that ran for so many seasons (so it must have had a good viewer base) they would want to produce more like it, but instead we get ghost-hunters and things with big teeth. It's an unexpected track for them to take. Makes me wonder if the demographic is changing due to certain types of viewers moving away from network television in general and moving more toward internet based viewing.
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 08:35 pm
@rosborne979,
My bet is the deciding factor is the cost to product a Mythbusters episode compare to for example the cost of following a naked couple around with a camera crew.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 03:12 pm
I just been watching the new mythbusters with new people along with a dog of all things.

So far I am not impressive with the new people or the show but I still have some hope for the future.

They are for now at least are only showing the show on the science channel a channel I do not get and on the advice of my lawyer I will not share how I did end up seeing the show but it is a pain to do so.

God I missed the original mythbusters and their build team for that matter and the dog does not replaced Kari Elizabeth Byron either by a long shot.<grin>.

roger

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 03:28 pm
@BillRM,
Good to see you around again, Bill.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 04:27 pm
@BillRM,
The chemistry among the former Mythbusters show, was based on a fact that the two leaders didnt really like each other so the attempts at humor ere often snidely.
The rest of the team was quite a bunch too, an electronics nerd, a smartass doofus with engineerng skills, and a hottie who could weld.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 04:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I missed the original mythbusters and their build team for that matter and the dog does not replaced Kari Elizabeth Byron either by a long shot.<grin>.
yep yep.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 05:10 pm
@farmerman,
The off camera announcer on the show is the same so I guess he was not being pay very much on the old show.

Love it when the old mythbusters put a cannon ball through a home and then into a van by error.

I wonder if the home owner was enough of a fan to have them all write their names on that ball or not.
0 Replies