I think my barber may be low-key attracted to me.

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 07:24 pm
What's up fellas/ladies? I really need some good advice and opinions about some encounters with my barber. I am a masculine 22 year-old gay guy, I am very easy-going, friendly, love to engage and have good conversation. My barber happens to fit the same description. He loves to talk, laugh, and joke. Even though he's NEVER asked me about my sexual orientation, I assume he thinks i'm straight just by remarks he has made. BUT a recent conversation makes it a little questionable. Sooo just a few days ago as I was in his chair, he asked to check out a tattoo on my chest that was visible. He said it was nice and asked when I got it done.. Blah blah blah. Then he went on to tell me his birthday was coming up. I wished him a happy birthday and asked his zodiac sign.. He told me his zodiac sign, then asked mine. I told him. He then jokingly asked, "Aren't Virgo's some freaks?" The question was hilarious to me so I laughed and jokingly replied yes and also told him how I don't like to put my business out there. But in my mind, I thought it was maybe a little curiosity behind the question. Most straight guys don't ask questions like that to another man, even in a playful way (at least not the ones i'm used to). The main reason behind the thoughts is that I catch him looking at my ass when I get out of his chair. I feel like the only reason why he hasn't asked me more personal questions is because I haven't told him about my sexual preference and the fact that we are in the shop with other guys. The only time we ever chat is when i'm getting a haircut and when we do, it's about sports, music, just small talk. He seems like a really care-free, outgoing type of dude, and i've started to become curious about how he would respond if I
tried to make a move on him or express interest in him. Am I thinking too much into this situation or is my barber potentially "bi curious"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,613 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 07:42 am
@boyynextdoor,
I think you're reading way, way, way too much into it.

My hairdresser looks at my ass when I get up, too. Know why she, a straight woman, does that to me, another straight woman?

'Cause she's making sure there isn't any stray hair on my back and she will brush it off before I leave the salon.

Understand that service personnel get an enormous platonic benefit from small talk. It's called better tips and more loyal customers.
0 Replies

jjfree38

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 04:58 pm
@boyynextdoor,
I totally agree with jespah...I think he is just making polite small talk. I am a ex-bartender and I would do it with all of my customers just to gain customers and many times, pleasant behavior also garnered great tips for me and the other bartenders as well.

Now...if he had done like a barber that I used to go to then I would understand why you have the concerns you do. I remember this barber who was really good looking and very straight ...well..at least I thought...but he knew I was gay because he was friends with my ex boyfriend's brother. While sitting in his chair getting my haircut, his crotch rubbed up against my elbow which was situated on the arm of the chair. Once I realized where my elbow was, I immediately made the attempt to move it. However, once I did the first time, he kept rubbing his crotch up against it. When I looked in his direction, his eyes told me that he liked it. Therefore, every time I would go to the shop to get my hair cut, he made it known to the other barbers that I was his customer. It had gotten to the point where he would wear a mid length barber top and unbuttoned the last few buttons in order for my hand to go up and massaged and fondle his crotch which made him erect and moan softly a lot. There were times he would even ejaculate in his pants. He started asking me to come in way early as opposed to the actual time the shop would open daily for business.

During those early times, he would take me to the back room where he would want to grind up against me naked and kiss me deeply. He loved to perform frottage with me as well. One day, the shop was really busy and I had somewhere to be that I could not wait all day for him. So, I let another barber cut my hair. This pissed him off to no end. The sharp glares that he was giving me were very intense. The next time I went, he grabbed me and pushed me up against the backroom wall and with his finger pointed in my face...he informed me to never let another barber take care of me because it made him jealous. I told him if he ever put his hands on me again, I will tell the owner about him being down low and what we do in the backroom. He immediately became paranoid. This is when I told him off and stop going in there altogether. Now...if anything similar to this happened to you...then...you have concerns...haha
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:38 pm
I might be wrong here, but I think he might be considering inviting you to a boat ride and then tossing you overboard when you least expect it. Barbers are very unpredictable and I would avoid them like the plague.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 06:16 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
What about Barbars?

I mean like those elephants who wear those little crowns. I always feel like they're surreptitiously looking at me

Oh wait, those are Babars.

Nevermind.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 06:24 pm
@chai2,
And along those lines, what about Babar Ghauri and his outrageous tweet, "Pakistan Zindabad". I have never, ever , been so outraged.
0 Replies