Who sees what I share?

PNdad

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:43 am
Ok I share things public but then share with individual friends as well. Am I wasting my time do they see what I share public and there is no need to share it twice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:48 am
@PNdad,
To be sure of what you are getting at, please would you be good enough to hold up to the screen the thing you wish to share, so that I can try to see it.

Thank you.
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:49 am
@Lordyaswas,
wait till I refill my coffee cup. I wanna see this too.
I thank you
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:50 am
@PNdad,
Assuming you're talking about Facebook (and considering this isn't Facebook... Rolling Eyes ). It depends on the privacy and timeline settings of your friends. Some people limit what goes on their timeline if they're not too willing to see everything some of their friends post on their own timeline.

Basically, it's safer to post something once and consider sharing more then once in a short time frame to be redundant and possibly annoying to your friends. You can also tag your friends name in your initial public post. Two birds with one post.
PNdad

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 11:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Ok let me explain better. I like to share posts from a forum site and from youtube. I want everyone to see this. So I share as public but then am selecting friends to share with as well. My question is this am I wasting my time in other words my friends see the "public" share so there is no need to share with them directly?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 11:31 am
@PNdad,
Not everyone on earth follows the same websites. For example, I post on this website you are on now, Able2Know.org. I do not ever look at Facebook. There are many more websites than these two, given the whole wide world of websites.

Please verify if you are talking about Facebook so that someone here (many do use Facebook themselves) can help you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 11:38 am
@PNdad,
ossobuco wrote:

Please verify if you are talking about Facebook so that someone here (many do use Facebook themselves) can help you.

Seconding this call for clarification.

Quote:
I like to share posts from a forum site and from youtube.

Not relevant.

Quote:
I want everyone to see this.

Not everyone wants to see everything you or others post. It's human nature.

To avoid annoying other people, just publically post it on your Facebook timeline.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:05 pm
@PNdad,
If you want your friends to see all you want to share on Youtube, make sure they are subscribed to your channel. To share publicly with the world, choose tags that will show up easy in a search by others.
PNdad

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:31 pm
@seac,
Ok my search said this was a Facebook help forum so I am sorry for not saying Facebook. I have things from a forum site and a youtube site I like to share on FaceBook. I share on my timeline as public but then I share with several friends directly. My question is am I wasting my time as they see the public share on my timeline? Meaning no need to share with them directly. Or does it post to their wall only if I share directly?
jespah

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 01:00 pm
@PNdad,
Public sharing is going to go to most people. Adding a second share on someone's page is not necessarily going to mean they are more likely to see it, plus it's more work for you. It's unlikely it'll give you a lot of promotion for the time you'll spend doing such things.

Understand that the % of people who see any given post isn't always due to privacy settings; it's also due to the sheer volume of stuff we all wade through, every single day. Note: most pages and groups and profiles, even popular ones, only get about a 5 - 10% distribution/share/review of their content because we are all seeing a tsunami of data every day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 01:10 pm
@PNdad,
PNdad wrote:
I share on my timeline as public but then I share with several friends directly. My question is am I wasting my time as they see the public share on my timeline?

if there are particular people you want to see things on FB - tag them.

I see maybe 1% of what friends post publicly. I rarely look at my own wall where people plop things. If they want me to actually see something, they need to tag me - and then the odds go up to 20 or 30% as I am curious about what people think I might have an interest in.
PNdad

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 06:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Ok so sharing publicly should suffice correct?
0 Replies