Stability of HP Printer Ink ?

Miller

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 07:24 am
What's the temperture range over which the printer ink compostion/stability remains fairly constant and the ink doesn't dry up?

Does storing the ink in the refrigerator increase the life of the ink, or is there some sort of chemical damage to the ink at low temp?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 904 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:29 am
@Miller,
good questions all. Ive never looked at "bucket chemistry" of printer inks or MSDS's.

Ive gone over to more thermal inks like IRIS process. Its much longer lived after deposition. (Although, even art prints are not color fast anymore.)
0 Replies

seac

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:23 pm
@Miller,
It's not just the ink. The printer head clogs up after months of not being used. I have had several ink jet printers fail like this. They are piled up in my room till I figure out a way to get them cleared up and working again. I am using my laser toner type printer now for reliability even though it is B&W.
farmerman

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:40 pm
@seac,
head cleaner is ammonia and alcohol . (Thats whats in the "head cleaner"fluid they sell at Staples
0 Replies

Miller

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 03:12 pm
I ordered new ink today. If the new batch doesn't work, I'll clean the head.

Thanks for all the valuable info...

0 Replies