Help with fixing/redyeing hair after using color oops

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 08:53 pm
I dyed my hair red a couple weeks ago (mistake...). I was a medium brunette before going red and I wanted to take out the red so I used color oops. Now my hair is brown, slightly orangy/brassy, and the roots are lighter than the rest of my hair.

My question is...How do I fix this brassy tone and how do I make my roots blend in?

I've read that those who use color oops should redye their hair with a shade that is 2 or 3 shades lighter than the shade they actually want since the hair is more porous and will grab onto more color. If I choose a lighter shade, will it lift my roots lighter than my hair??

I just want the medium-light brown hair without the red tint on my roots.

Please help:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,540 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ThereseB

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 06:10 pm
@lexiplex,
I just experienced this myself.
I am naturally a dirty blonde. Have colored my hair for over ten years and had come to a point with dark brown hair with hot burgandy red roots. Not pretty! I used color remover first and then the toner, T-14 level. I am now a mouse brown with the red gone! I myself am wondering if its okay to use a high lift blonde with a neutral protein filler to lighten it to be blonde again?
0 Replies