How to know the true God

peacecrusader888

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Why are there atheists? They deny God, isn't it? God will settle account with them come Judgment Day.
Leadfoot

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:18 am
@peacecrusader888,
Because we have free will, There are atheists. The way you speak of 'judgement', settling accounts, offending God, etc sounds like you are saying their fate is worse than they expect. It isn't.

God is no doubt disappointed that they did not accept his invitation but he requires no compensation for any 'offense'. On judgement day when they experience the second death, it is nothing more or less than what they expected all along. God is nothing if not just.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:47 am
@peacecrusader888,
How much of the bible do you trust PC?
onevoice

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:08 am
@peacecrusader888,
Now hold the phone hoss... Was it not YOU who said the "word" is not "the true word" of this God you supposedly represent? So, where exactly are you getting your information?

You missed my point completely BTW... My point was why are you a peace crusader

A. When it cannot be achieved and

B. While opposing it with everything you say?
Glennn

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 05:22 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
If anything Him stepping in and ending it all abruptly would be a merciful act of saving us from ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVhhHRDcQU
onevoice

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 06:01 pm
@Glennn,
I see.
0 Replies

ECCE HOMO

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 07:05 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Ha Ha.
Do you mean you'll play with your God by offending Him because God himself knows everything about what you/we are doing?

Then at the end you'll not know that you offended Him, because the sense of sin/guilt will abandoned you and you're not anymore conscious about God.
Confession is not an escape from error but a trans-formative way to evaluate our self.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:50 pm
@Smileyrius,
I trust the Holy Bible that it is the "Word of God", especially those said by Jesus Christ Himself (in red letters). Use a Red Letter Edition of the King James Version because it is nearer the truth. You must understand that at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD, the Romans fixed Passover in March/April. Are we clear about this - that the Romans fixed Passover in March/April? When was Passover before and they have to do it? Pick up what is good and discard what is evil.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:10 pm
@onevoice,
I answered your question of 'the "word" is not "the true word"' in my reply to Smileyrius. Tell me, do you believe everything that is in the New Testament? Pick out what is good and discard what is evil.

I am sorry that I missed your point completely. My belief is that this world will become peaceful once we have submitted to the true God. How do we know the true God? He must be omniscient aside from being omnipotent and omnipresent. John 16:13 states that the Spirit of truth, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit will "show you things to come."

Am I opposing with everything I say? Not at all. I have proven the revelations of the spirit of Ama that Jesus Christ was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17 mainly using the Holy Bible.
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:15 pm
@peacecrusader888,
According to a Bayesian scientist, there's a 67% chance that god exists.
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=what+is+the+probability+that+god+exists&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I think that's hogwash, myself. There's no way to measure something that doesn't exist.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:44 pm
I bet there is a 100% chance nobody has evidence he is real.
fresco

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:23 am
@peacecrusader888,
Wake up !

The reason there are atheists is partly because they have the intelligence to notice that the details of religious belief systems are arbitrary. Your own 'ama' variation is a prime example of that, and your self publicity antics about it merely strengthens the case for atheism. So contrary to your claim to be promoting 'peace', you are actually adding to the historically proven social divisiveness of religion by making idiosyncratic 'truth claims'. At the same time , you are giving succour to those violent religious fanatics who agree with you about 'divine judgement'.

It is clear too that those like you who make a nuisance of themselves by feeling the need to promote their belief systems are probably uncertain of their ground, and therefore constantly trying to reinforce it by recruiting others.

The lady doth protest too much.

0 Replies

Smileyrius

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 01:56 am
@edgarblythe,
I would take that bet, although I'm probably being a little facetious over the lack of small print and the varied definitions of evidence Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:31 am
@peacecrusader888,
First of all peace crusader I owe you an apology. Unfortunately I was attempting to participate in a couple of other threads and mixed you up with someone else in my last post to you. Please forgive me.

Now, regarding this:

Quote:
John 17:3 states that there is "the only true God". So there is only one true God and the others are false gods. How do we know that the god we worship is the true God or not? He must have the three following attributes:
1. Omnipotent - having all power; almighty
2. Omnipresent - present everywhere at the same time
3. Omniscient - knowing everything, including what happened in the past and knowing what will happen in the future.

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.

To post this here... In a primarily " unbelieving" society (if they must be tagged something, which by the way... Not my favorite thing to do to anyone) is foolish. It makes about as much sense as it would to try and teach a second grader 10th grade math.

Now... Before anyone gets their panties in a knot, please let me explain. I am not attempting to insult anyone's intelligence, or implying that those who don't believe what we believe are not as smart. As a matter a fact, in all honesty I would have to deem them a heck of a lot smarter than myself for not subjecting themselves to the shenanigans religion presents in the first place.

Not that I regret what I have been through by any means. I wouldn't be who I am today, or perhaps, wouldn't even be here today, had I not been forced to confront some of the bologna I've seen head on in my personal life. Everyone learns differently. Nothing wrong with that. However, this is what I mean:

A second grader is not equipped yet to tackle tenth grade math. First they have to master the basics... adding, subtracting, division, and fractions, right? At this point in life tenth grade math is not even conceivable to them, let alone applicable to their life in any way.

In the same way, what you have posted is not applicable to many of these here. Why? Well, they don't even believe the basics... adding, subtracting, division, and fractions exist (speaking in a spiritual sense) or are necessary, let alone real. Can't say I really blame them either.

As long as people keep looking to a person to show them "proof" of God's existence, they will be disappointed, or perhaps encouraged, because no man or woman can do that, and no one was designed to do that, or be that. My God, have you not seen what ego maniacs people become once they gain what they perceive as a position of power or authority, or "greater knowledge"?

God is known in a person's heart. His truth is only known in a person's heart as well. I will not pretend to understand the connection between the heart and mind. I really don't, but I know it's real. I know that when a person sets their heart in any direction, there the mind will follow. Whether it is to prove to the world that God is real, or for them to disprove Gods existence because He is not real to them.

fresco

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 09:40 am
@onevoice,
Twaddle !
'Spirituality' not bound at the hip to theism. Meditators of various persuasions (like Niels Bohr for example) could leave your 'tenth graders' in the dust. The fact that in most parts of the world there is a correlation between intelligence and atheism makes your attempt at analogy ridiculous.
onevoice

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:05 am
@fresco,
OK. Smile
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:07 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Spirituality' not bound at the hip to theism. Meditators of various persuasions (like Niels Bohr for example) could leave your 'tenth graders' in the dust. The fact that in most parts of the world there is a correlation between intelligence and atheism makes your attempt at analogy ridiculous.
I don't think she was trying to make a connection between intelligence and atheism but I am amused at the attempts of various flavors of atheism to be 'spiritual' while at the same time not believing in the spirit.

What's the deal?
onevoice

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:09 am
@Leadfoot,
Lol
0 Replies

fresco

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Obviously the subtlety of the term 'ineffable' escapes you. No 'spirits', 'gods' 'things' or 'selves' can be ontologically differentiated at such a transcendent level. On descent from that level back to the 'mundane', a state of 'egolessness' may persist in what is again 'the individual' which might be said to correspond to the term 'spirituality', such that that state informs the thoughts and actions of the individual.
Leadfoot

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 10:57 am
@fresco,
Quote:
that state informs the thoughts and actions of the individual.
I was not questioning the value of meditation but if not spirit or ego, what exactly is it that informs the individual in that state?