Dealing with severe anxiety over BF's ex

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 12:09 pm
I am an overly emotional person and am plagued with anxiety, fear of abandonment, and insecurity issues. For the last two years I have been working hard to build my self confidence and conquer these debilitating problems.
I met this guy who was just ending his ten year relationship with his ex... Soon after we started dating...( my stupid move for jumping in so quickly.)
We have been dating for a year now and I recently found out that he has been emailing and talking with his ex this whole time. The nature of the emails are flirtatious he definitely leads her on...
We have spoken about it some. He says that up until recently they were planning on getting back together but now he says that they both have decided that its better for them to take time apart.

Anyway, today he is having dinner with her. He tells me that there is so much history there that it is going to take time to process it all and that I need to respect that. So I'm trying to play cool....

... I'm hurting though. I really fell head over heels for this guy and I feel like I'm being used... But I do know that he does care about me. He is not one to say I love you or a whole bunch of words though and that leaves me with unsettling uncertainty.

Is this me jumping to conclusions and stressing over something that I have taken the wrong way?
I know I have a lot of work to do on myself with or without this guy....
Help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 813 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CR233

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 07:11 pm
@Killme101,
He was e-mailing her and talking to her behind your back the entire time?

And now he's going out to dinner with her even though you're not comfortable with the idea and he basically just told you to deal with it?

Um, girl, you need to work on your confidence some more I think Wink I don't care how much "history" he has with this girl, his focus should be on building a future with YOU, not on shadows from his past.

He is clearly keeping you around while he still keeps in touch with his ex to see if things could still work out with her. This is the ultimate disrespect. I would honestly just leave. He isn't over her and he never should have started dating you until he was over her. If he needs space to work on things with his ex, then fine - let him have that space. You deserve someone who is interested in working on things with YOU.

Goodluck xx
Glennn

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:16 pm
@CR233,
Well said!
0 Replies