Still struggling with leaving my daughter

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:13 pm
So I posted a few days ago about my guilt, and here I am again.

My daughter (8months) hasn't been well - she's had an ear infection and is on antibiotics from the doctor. She isn't sleeping well, and is not napping. She's not crying but whinging and very clingy so I can't get anything done, she's been like this since Wednesday. I'm exhausted. My husband is still at work (it's 6pm here in the UK) has been since 10.30am and is working until 8.30pmk.

So today, I decided I couldn't take anymore of the whinging and clingyness. I messaged my mother-in-law (MIL) and asked if she'd take my daughter for an hour or so, she agreed.

Usually I use the time away from my daughter to attend appointments, collect prescriptions, send mail etc. but today I just needed a break. And this is why I feel guilty; I got a takeaway hot chocolate from a cafe on the way home, and then when I got home I had a bath and watched a bit of TV. I was away from her for no more then 2 hours.

But she was ill and needed me didn't she? MIL gave her some calpol (liquid paracetamol), her antibiotics and then left her to sleep in the travel cot they have for when she stays over. She slept for 1.5hours of the time I was away from her before waking for a bottle which MIL gave her.

I've done such a bad thing leaving my poorly baby though haven't I?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:08 pm
@ThroughHellandHeaven,
You sound depressed. You should see a doctor and speak with him/her. Please be honest about these feelings with your doctor. It's not selfish to need a bit of time for yourself. Your exhausted. All us mothers know that feeling. That you needed to reach out in forums is disturbing. We are not the people you should trust to help you. Please talk to your doctor. I wish you the best!
0 Replies