GUT FEELING THAT BOYFRIEND IS CHEATING AGAIN

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 10:58 am
Ive been dating my boyfriend for almost 4 years we are still in highschool - nice guy and all however 2 years ago he cheated on me twice. The first time was him texting this girl who he used to like back in the days and he was saying things like I love you and I wish you had a dirty mind like this before - anyways this deeply hurt me, the second time was physical cheating. I forgave him for both times and we moved on and our relationship was great after - he deactivated all forms of social media and for the remaining ones I had his password ... fast forward to 2 years later - we decided to get whatsapp and then we had another small problem I found out he was kinda talking to the same girl from the texting thing again. So now he has whatsapp, but hes being extremely secretive, if I ever ask to see his phone he gets so defensive and says no you should trust me - but if he asks me I have no problem showing him my phone. Do you think he legit is cheating or texting her again or am I just being overly paranoid. please help

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 11:53 am
@JJCOOL007,
He might be cheating, but he might not. You are basing your assumptions on the fact that he won't let you see his phone. The only reason you want to see his phone is that you don't trust him. If you don't trust him to the point of wanting to check up on him, then I have news for you. Your relationship is over.

Trust is such a vital part of any relationship. I would never, ever ask my wife if I could check her phone. I trust her completely. And she has never asked to check mine. The two of you have trust issues dating back to when he cheated. So he should be going out of his way to avoid anything that would make you wonder if he is cheating. He doesn't seem to be taking that route, but rather keeps talking with this girl even though he knows it bothers you.

I think the two of you need to sit down and talk. The relationship can be saved, but both of you will have to change. You need to get to the point where neither of you needs to ask to see the other's phone because you trust that even if you are chatting with someone of the opposite sex, you know it is innocent. When you get to that point, you'll know you have a rock solid relationship.

Now that I have rambled on way too long to make this point, I wish you good luck.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 12:07 pm
@JJCOOL007,
Listen to coastalrat.

Without trust, you've got nothing.

Talk to your boyfriend.

__

also - keep this in mind. you're still in high school.

this is not likely to be your forever relationship. you will have other boyfriends in your future. that's a good thing. you're kind of in a training wheels relationship. you are both learning what is required to be in a good relationship.

honestly, if you were my child, I'd have stopped this relationship years ago. Someone still in high school should be dating casually - trying different people out as partners. A 4 year relationship while still in high school? I think that's a waste of good learning time.
0 Replies

ric870

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 05:16 am
@JJCOOL007,
cheated on him with another
0 Replies

babybear1129

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:01 pm
@JJCOOL007,
I have the same issues, he deleted apps but he still acts weird when I just pick up his phone and its driving me crazy
0 Replies