Posts from unknown person

Jacotte

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:07 pm
I am kind of new on Facebook and still learning... lately I have seen posts from someone who is NOT on my list of friends, and not a friend of a friend.
How can this happen? I do not wish to see her posts, how do I prevent those from showing up?
Thanks for you help

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:38 pm
@Jacotte,
You need to click on the little gear wheel (upper right corner for most people) and select your privacy settings. Fiddle around with them until you find a level comfortable for you.
Jacotte

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 09:35 pm
@jespah,
ok, I went there to have a look... but changing the privacy settings will change who can see MY posts... not who I don't want to see!
I tried the blocking but somehow the name of that person was not on the list offered for blocking so I could not block her either!
My question is how do her posts show up on my home page? I haven't had a "friend" request from that person and she is not linked to any of my friends.
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:30 am
@Jacotte,
I understand, but if you limit your postings to just your friends, this stranger will not see them in her feed.

And of course you can block her. Go to any of her posts and click on the downward arrow and select what you want to do (usually you have to hide the post first). Or just click on her name and go to her home page and pull down on where it says where you can add her as a friend. There is a blocking option in there (sorry if I'm not being more specific, but I'm not on FB at this very moment and often small details differ as FB is constantly tweaking their layout and design).
Jacotte

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 11:11 am
@jespah,
Hi there,
Thanks for your quick answer. There was another post today (a very naughty one!!! I wonder if that should actually be reported???) ... I clicked on the downward arrow to the right of it and chose "stop seeing posts from this page onward" (or something like this) and the posts disappeared Very Happy .
Hopefully it'll work
Thanks again. Good day to you.
0 Replies