How Does True Christianity Truly Unit People in Love

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 10:20 am
With religion as a whole providing a bad example earth wide, how does true Christianity as it is taught in the Bible, provide a refreshing example of how people can be united in love and mutual respect for others?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,657 • Replies: 18
Topic Closed
No top replies

ehBeth

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 11:28 am
@anthony1312002,
it doesn't
Lordyaswas

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 11:30 am
Beer does, though.
ehBeth

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 12:00 pm
cider might
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Why do you say so?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:24 pm
@anthony1312002,
The bible is but one book. The percentage of humans who have read the bible are few.
There are many contradictions in the bible concerning love. It doesn't require 10,000 words to teach about love.
It's by one's actions that proves what love is; the showing of respect and dignity to all living things.
neologist

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:40 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Beer does, though.
Nah!
Much as I love beer.
Jesus turned water into wine instead.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 01:43 pm
@anthony1312002,
Are you wondering why John 13: 34,35 hasn't worked for nominal christians?
Setanta

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 02:50 pm
While i endorse any viewpoint which considers people as individuals, i find the use of unit as a verb, and suggesting that it were something which ought to be done to people to be disturbing at the least, if not downright creepy.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 23 Feb, 2016 03:22 pm
All together now.....

Units of the world unite
You alone know what is right
People all should feel this way
Needing someone every day
Keep the fire of dreamers bright
Units of the world unite.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 11:34 am
@neologist,
Hey neologist,

2 Tim 3:5 says: "5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. "

This is some of what we would see in this time of the end.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It doesn't require 10,000 words to teach about love.
It's by one's actions that proves what love is; the showing of respect and dignity to all living things.
Really? I'm sure that there are more than 10,000 BOOKS written on the subject, all of them having over 10,000 words.

I will grant you that most of them are tripe.
But it doesn't seem unreasonable that the bible would spend 10,000 words on the subject that so many 'get wrong'.

snood

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 12:02 pm
@anthony1312002,
anthony1312002 wrote:

With religion as a whole providing a bad example earth wide, how does true Christianity as it is taught in the Bible, provide a refreshing example of how people can be united in love and mutual respect for others?

If the religion of Jesus was taught and practiced the way he(is said to have) preached about in the Sermon on the Mount I think it could lead a lot of people into loving one another. The "Christianity" religion has little to do with the Jesus who speaks in the red letter sections of the bible. If Jesus showed up tomorrow, he'd probably be run out of the country as an illegal immigrant or brutalized in the streets by some of the upstanding "Christians" alive today.
anthony1312002

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 12:53 pm
@snood,
You make a very powerful point. For a fact Jesus even asked a question involving this very matter where he says at Luke 18:8 "Nevertheless, when the Son of man arrives, will he really find this faith* on the earth?"

For a fact many who profess to be Christian are anything but. Hypocrycy marks their lives. Truly, Jesus would find much of this on the earth. But he also knew that there would be those who truly live in harmony with what he taught. Evidence of this is found where Jesus quotes Psalm 37:9-11 at Matthew 5:5 speaking of those termed righteous and meek.

Thus we can take comfort that there are those on the earth that truly practice Chrsitanity. Here is a link to some that do. Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 01:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
Love is subjective to the individual. That there may be 10,000 words about love is based on the circumstances and environment. There are many forms of love.
Leadfoot

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 04:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One of the favorite research papers I've read was an FMRI study on the effects of love on the brain. They concluded that it was indistinguishable from the effects of cocaine.

Wonder what kind of love they were studying...
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 06:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Love = Cocaine. Makes a lot of sense. That's the reason addiction is so easy.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:15 pm
@anthony1312002,
But there is no 'religion as a whole'...Science has given us concentration camps and Syphilis experiments on the unknowing, and Chinese and Russian psychological torture but it has also given us good things. There is really nothing on earth that is all one thing.

Christianity gives the wonderful EXAMPLE but that is exactly what you are NOT looking for. Would you say that for every religion the evils you see truly represent that religion ?

I know what you want because I know people like you: you want religion where the least infraction is publicly humiliated and the person dissed and drummed out so that the pure can remain. You would take Augustine and Saul and say 'You are not up to my standards, out with you!!'

Please, think.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What an unthinking post you put out there.

When you say 'good intentions' are all do you really forget the saying 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Many of the worst people in history justified horrors by 'good intentions' what matters is the Truth lived in Love.
0 Replies