How long more?!?

oristarA

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 07:08 am
@Jaqen,
Jaqen wrote:

oristarA, I was going to reply to you then your post disappeared. I never meant to say Setanta was a bully. As a matter of fact, s/he always answers my question and gives me good advice. When I said 'you' in 'you sound like a bully too', I wasn't addressing Setanta at all. Please, don't do that.

So it was just your slip of tongue? Go ask Setanta to forgive you then. I'm open to reasonable criticisms, while Setanta is very sensitive.
Jaqen

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 07:25 am
@oristarA,
No, there was no slip of tongue. The way I remember it, you said:

"I agree with you, Timur.
Setanta is a bully.
Dale is silly."

Then I replied to YOU, on YOUR post:

"@oristarA,
I'm kinda new here but you sound like a bully too"

How could Setanta think that I called her/him a bully? More curiously, how could you think that I was talking to Setanta and not you? Go ask Setanta to forgive me? Are you kidding me? Why don't you apologize to everyone for creating this fake confusion? You're open to reasonable criticisms? I doubt that. You don't seem reasonable at all.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 07:56 am
@Jaqen,
Jaqen, I am sorry that you have encountered this person, but at least you have found out what he/she is like straight away.
Folks here regularly jumped in to help our dear OristarA for years, as he/she asked question after question.
Virtually every question of his/hers was answered, and over time we saw him/her develop and improve, until suddenly the politeness stopped and the nasty, argumentative arrogance took its place.

To me, OristarA clearly showed his/her self as a classic troll. What we had done here, was to teach a troll how to troll effectively in English.
We had been duped.

It all came to a head a week or so ago, when folks here seemingly had enough of this nasty ingrate, and took him/her to task.

Now, very few people have time for him/her, and personally, I have the troll on ignore.

By responding to the troll, you are being lured in to do battle. The very best thing to do is to put the troll on 'ignore', then they disappear from view.
The troll will try very hard to goad you into further argument, but I advise you strongly to just let any insult pass and totally ignore it.

Hopefully, one day, the troll in question will get fed up of being ignored here, and move on to pastures new.

A very belated welcome to able2know, by the way.

oristarA

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 08:17 am
@Jaqen,
Jaqen wrote:

No, there was no slip of tongue. The way I remember it, you said:

"I agree with you, Timur.
Setanta is a bully.
Dale is silly."

Then I replied to YOU, on YOUR post:

"@oristarA,
I'm kinda new here but you sound like a bully too"

How could Setanta think that I called her/him a bully? More curiously, how could you think that I was talking to Setanta and not you? Go ask Setanta to forgive me? Are you kidding me? Why don't you apologize to everyone for creating this fake confusion? You're open to reasonable criticisms? I doubt that. You don't seem reasonable at all.

Reread jespah's reply, in which she said you can teach your English teacher everything. I'm no longer interested in talking to you. Because you're muddleheaded. Very Happy
Sure Setanta will smite you. He's a veteran and is smart enough to catch any slip of tongue. He's bad-tempered always, and is proud of this way of his military sense. Because you have the audacity to teach him how to understand English.
Don't ridicule Dale any more. Your understanding is goddamned as crappy as his.

jespah wrote:

Sounds like you can teach your English teacher a few things.

Or everything.
0 Replies

Jaqen

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 08:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you, thank you. I'm glad I saw your post before I saw his/hers. Let's hope oristarA gets the help s/he needs.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 01:48 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Dale usually gives bad or even dangerous advice.
Tim can you give a few examples, indicating also where you detect silliness

(Self-improvement)

Thanks
timur

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:20 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't intend to educate or improve your "self".

I believe you had plenty of time to do that alone, though it proved unsuccessful.

Had I to show your silliness to you, I'd just refer to your last exchange with a poster that, unaware of your silly links, naively believed that you were helpful:

Signs and Graphics

dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 03:54 pm
@timur,
Thanks Tim for the example. Well at least I had helped him learn how to access the Reverse Dictionary, however useless it might have proven
oristarA

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:47 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Thanks Tim for the example. Well at least I had helped him learn how to access the Reverse Dictionary, however useless it might have proven

That's it, Dale.
I remember when Contrex was around, you often sought his help. Although I was at times irritated by your silly replies, you're still impressive considering that you are in your senior golden years and yet keep the enthusiasm to learn more. There were a few times I awarded you ribbons, which confirmed your effort. Sometimes bad replies are better than no replies. Because a reply by a native English speaker more or less has some mark or trace leading to the final truth.

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 11:36 pm
Methinks yall are nutzoid english crackazoids and well damn...(cant come up with some improper english to set yall off on). 😂😜😘
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 01:45 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
you're still impressive considering that you are in your senior golden years
Why thank you Ori, how encouraging
0 Replies