Researching gunshot wound for fictional story

ULWRA

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 09:48 pm
Hello.
Apologies if this is not an appropriate use of this forum, but I am looking for information about gunshot wounds to the chest for a story I am writing.
A character in the story is shot through the chest with the bullet passing all the way through. He receives immediate first aid and survives. After recovering he pursues the man who shot him, but is slowed down.
The bullet is said to have 'missed everything' as it passed through his body, but it might have nicked an organ on its way through, and this would be useful if it contributed to him being slowed down; i.e. if a lung got a tiny tear that opens if he inhales too deeply and causes breathing difficulties, but will heal eventually.

I need to know:
- How long until a fit young male could walk around after receiving such a wound?
- How long would complete recovery take?
- What are the possible symptoms the victim could have during recovery, especially if they started moving around sooner than recommended?

Thank you :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,632 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 01:39 am
@ULWRA,
Best thing to do is a Google search on ylthe phrase: gunshot wound to lung.

Looks like a similar question hS been asked around the Internet for the past 5 years or so. There ARE Some Good Nswers to be found thers.
0 Replies