Jesus was crucified in summer and not in spring

neologist

Tue 15 Mar, 2016 06:52 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
The Jews are celebrating the Passover on the 14th of Nisan these days. The Christians, on the other hand, celebrate the Christian Passover called Easter based on the spring equinox between 03-22 and 04-25 on the first Sunday after the first full moon on or after 03-21. . .
I seriously doubt if nominal christians consider the importance of the Passover, choosing instead to focus on the resurrection. But Jesus' death is of far more importance.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:19 am
In 2015, I got the last two evidences, the seventh and eighth, mainly from the Holy Bible, that Jesus was crucified in summer and not in spring. I will first discuss the seventh.

John 13:4 states: "He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself."

This happened at the washing of the feet at Passover. If is was spring, then do you think Jesus could have endured the cold night without His garments? Since it was summer, He could remove His garments and just girded Himself with towel.
neologist

Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:36 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
In 2015, I got the last two evidences, the seventh and eighth, mainly from the Holy Bible, that Jesus was crucified in summer and not in spring. I will first discuss the seventh.

John 13:4 states: "He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself."

This happened at the washing of the feet at Passover. If is was spring, then do you think Jesus could have endured the cold night without His garments? Since it was summer, He could remove His garments and just girded Himself with towel.
If it was summer, how many garments would he have to set aside? And who would not remove some clothing before work in any season?

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 16 Mar, 2016 03:46 pm
@peacecrusader888,
http://www.bible-truth.org/WhatDayDidChristDie.html
neologist

Wed 16 Mar, 2016 04:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Interesting article. Though it muddies the water by referring to the month of April and weekdays such as. Wednesday, Sunday, etc.

But it sure kicks over that summertime theory, doesn't it?

I'll be driving past San Jose in a few weeks, CI. If I have time to stop, I'll spring for coffee.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:45 am
Garments laid down on the path of Jesus

On 2015-06-25, I noticed that people laid down their garments on the path of Jesus as He entered Jerusalem triumphantly on a colt. The Holy Bible states that people strew on the path of Jesus are in Matthew 21:8 (garments and branches), Mark 11:8 (garments and branches), Luke 19:36 (clothes), and John 12:13 (branches of palm trees).

If it was spring, do you think that people would lay down the garments that they were wearing? They might chill because Nisan 14 is still cold. But because it was summer when the crucifixion happened, it was warm, that is why they could remove their garments and lay them down.

Eight evidences that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring mostly from the Holy Bible!
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:26 am
Garments laid down on the path of Jesus

On 2015-06-25, I noticed that people laid down their garments on the path of Jesus as He entered Jerusalem triumphantly on a colt. The Holy Bible states what people strew on the path of Jesus are in Matthew 21:8 (garments and branches), Mark 11:8 (garments and branches), Luke 19:36 (clothes), and John 12:13 (branches of palm trees).

If it was spring, do you think that people would lay down the garments that they were wearing? They might chill because Nisan 14 is still cold. But because it was summer when the crucifixion happened, it was warm, that is why they could remove their garments and lay them down.

Eight evidences that the crucifixion happened in summer rather than in spring mostly from the Holy Bible!
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:46 pm
Today's the day.
Anytime after sundown
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 27 Mar, 2016 07:05 am
There are eight evidences that point to the crucifixion being held in summer (08-17) rather than in spring (March or April). Seven of these evidences are from the Holy Bible itself.
0 Replies