Trump and the Central Park Five

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 01:58 pm
I'll add this without immediate wordy comment since I just read the article and feel angry, again, about this situation - the no lawyers at the "interviews", Trump's behavior, and so on.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 01:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Don 't know what you're talking about.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you read the linked article?

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Smile That's because I didn't add the link until 30 seconds after I posted.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:09 pm
@ossobuco,
have you linked the article to the Trump thread?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, poor timing on my part.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:18 pm
Thanks for posting this, osso. This was illustrative of the true character of Trump. Unsolicited, he was advocating for the death of those young men with full page ads. Young men who were later proved innocent. But they were young black men. And that was guilty enough for him.

Tangentially, do you think it's only a matter of time before some audios or videos are unearthed that have Trump on them - using the 'n'-word, or calling black people monkeys or something of that nature? I wouldn't bet against it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:19 pm
@snood,
I knew Trump was a racial bigot long before now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:25 pm
Someone tagged this legal, which of course it is, but that erased my police behavior tag. Now I'll have to pick one to try and remove and get the police behavior tag back in.

We'll see how the tags go. I took out the name of the woman who was the victim in the park. I'd like to take out Trump, but hey..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:49 pm
@snood,
I don't know him well enough to guess if he used those words or was somehow politically correct. I doubt he was. I've long thought of him as a silly person who paid for the construction of ugly assed buildings. I'm a self appointed architectural critic.

http://nyc-architecture.com/MID/159-chrysler_trump_esb1_23march02.jpg
Trump Tower seen near the Chrysler Building..
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:21 pm
So, white lady raped and left for dead, 5 black guys admit to doing it and you guys are angry at Trump 30 years later because he ran some ads and was angry?

Maybe you can muster up some of that faux rage at Hilllary, you remember this?

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she is not sorry she voted for a resolution authorizing President Bush to take military action in Iraq despite the recent problems there but she does regret "the way the president used the authority."

Guess she voted before knowing all of the facts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:27 pm
@McGentrix,
Different situation, wrong information, and no relationship between the two.
I wrote to Senator Feinstein not to approve the war, but she told me with the information they had (probably about WMD), she had no other choice. It later turned out that they didn't have WMD, but after the fact is often 20/20. Their intelligence was wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:29 pm
@McGentrix,
She says she did not inhale.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Different situation, wrong information, and no relationship between the two.
I wrote to Senator Feinstein not to approve the war, but she told me with the information they had (probably about WMD), she had no other choice. It later turned out that they didn't have WMD, but after the fact is often 20/20. Their intelligence was wrong.

I know you won't put 2 and 2 together so I will guide you along...

Hillary voted 'aye', which based on the evidence was the right thing to do. She later learned that WMD's could not be found and regretted her vote.

Trump was angry, which based on the evidence was the right reaction to have. He later learned that they were innocent and regretted his actions.

See, that is the relationship. I know that you still won't "get it", but that is how a comparison works.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 10:38 pm
@McGentrix,
So fast and loose with facts. The five teens were beaten and held hostage and coerced into confessing. They were cleared by DNA evidence and a convicted murder/rapist who confessed to committing the act alone. The media and police publicized this as five wild black boys "wilding", and Donald Trump was QUICK to push for the death penalty. They did 7 years in jail for NOTHING. They won a 40 million dollar settlement, which I figure is the LEAST the city could do for taking these boy's youth and innocence from them.
THAT's what happened with the Central Park 5.

Careful, you might seriously injure yourself making a stretch like you had to make to work Hillary and the Iraq vote in there.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

So fast and loose with facts. The five teens were beaten and held hostage and coerced into confessing. They were cleared by DNA evidence and a convicted murder/rapist who confessed to committing the act alone. The media and police publicized this as five wild black boys "wilding", and Donald Trump was QUICK to push for the death penalty. They did 7 years in jail for NOTHING. They won a 40 million dollar settlement, which I figure is the LEAST the city could do for taking these boy's youth and innocence from them.

Careful, you might seriously injure yourself making a stretch like you had to make to work Hillary and the Iraq vote in there.

Huh, I had no idea you didn't know what a comparison was like C.I.

Is it that you really don't get it or you just saw that I made the post and your brain just shuts down?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Second guessing what really happened during that period is silly and wrong. Those who voted for war had intel that they had to consider. You were not there, and can't second guess what they knew or heard. Donald Trump just second guessed, and happened to be right. You can't second guess such important issues while sitting in the security council.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Donald Trump was NOT right. Unless you're talking about some other assumption besides the Central Park 5.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:13 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

snood wrote:

Huh, I had no idea you didn't know what a comparison was like C.I.

Is it that you really don't get it or you just saw that I made the post and your brain just shuts down?

Ooh, racism, 1950's values and the wit of a 13 year old, to boot. You're quite a package.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:22 pm
@snood,
Spare your false calls of racism Snood. You're an asshole no matter your color.

Nothing I have said here is even remotely racist so take off your tainted goggles and show that you actually understand what is being said.