Leave it to beaver question

Jimmy56

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:15 pm
On the episode " Mothers Day Composition" Beaver asked his mom what she did before she got married. She said on year she worked in a department store in the book department and sold red books, green books and yellow books. My question is - What were these books? I can't find anything and have asked a few older people but no answer yet. Thanks

chai2

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:36 pm
@Jimmy56,
She was probably just being daft and naming the colors of the books that were for sale.

I liked June, she was a great mom. Sometimes she'd just say **** though.
roger

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 07:52 pm
@chai2,
She wouldn't have said **** if she had a mouthful.
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 08:01 pm
@roger,
Oh no, June had a wild side.
roger

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 09:42 pm
@chai2,
Excuse me, but June Cleaver was so straight she would get out of the shower to take a pee.
Glennn

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 09:55 pm
@roger,
Is that so?? Apparently you missed episode twenty-four. It's something I'll never forget.
roger

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 09:58 pm
@Glennn,
Got a vid?
Glennn

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:02 pm
@roger,
For the right price . . .
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:22 pm
Or . . . I'll trade the vid of June in the shower for a nude photo of Ward Cleaver. I'm not a homosexual. I just happen to know one who happens to have a nude shot of Kate from Petticoat Junction floating face up in that water tower, and I want it . . . yesterday, if not sooner!! He has no use for it, but the only way he'll part with it is in exchange for a nude shot of Ward. So you get the nude shot of Ward for me, and the vid of June is yours, and Kate is mine, and everybody's happy. Isn't the internet great?!
roger

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 11:22 pm
@Glennn,
Sadly, I have recently pared my photo collection to the bare minimum needed for my own enjoyment. Your friend can go suck a, well, a rock.

We should probably be wondering what kind of snake pit our OP thinks he's fallen into.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 12:11 am
@roger,
But even more, are you still in possession of the Max Showalter photo spread from Lost Stars magazine where he appeared as the original Ward Cleaver?
(That was in the original pilot for Leave It To Beaver and he was using the alias of Casey Adams)

Extra needless fact: both Beaumont and Showalter were born in Kansas.

...and to the o.p.- I have no idea.
nacredambition

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 12:12 am
@Jimmy56,
In Episode 109:

"Beaver must write a composition about his mother but soon finds himself the only one with a seemingly "boring" mother while Richard, Larry and Judy have colorful mothers. Beaver decides to make his mother colorful too even if it means making up things."

It sounds like the script writers were having pun with "colorful".

Guessing the teacher asked for a "colorful" composition and the Beaver, ever eager , complied.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 01:06 am
@Sturgis,
Lost Stars? Sounds like something for losers, and I guess I missed the boat.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 03:58 am
@nacredambition,
June Cleaver enters menopause, and begins to experience hot flashes and some of the other obvious symptoms of her condition. One night, turning down sex with her husband, she says: "Ward, i'm worried about the Beaver." (This joke may only be comprehensible to Americans.)
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 01:29 pm
@Setanta,
It took me a minute.... #ew
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 03:03 pm
Does anyone but me know about The Beaver Papers?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:58 pm
@Jimmy56,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/The_Red_Book_by_Carl_Jung%2C_2009.jpg/220px-The_Red_Book_by_Carl_Jung%2C_2009.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Yellow_book_cover.jpg/220px-Yellow_book_cover.jpg

http://www.autolife.umd.umich.edu/Race/R_Casestudy/87_135_1736_GreenBk_Cover.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:31 pm
@jespah,
How about https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=the+dolphin+papers+indianapolis
0 Replies