The Supreme Court vacancy, a minefield for Republicans

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:04 pm
@Real Music,
And none of this money is going to Democrats? Oh yes, it's an anomaly if it does.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
I certainly don't think that a degree enabled by affirmative action necessarily disqualifies anyone from any position. However, if one is going to argue that an Ivy League education doesn't insure proficiency then certainly the same argument applies, even more so, to an education enabled by affirmative action. It's simple common sense.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, I believe there are democrats out there that have benefitted form the Citizens United decision. I believe the republicans overall probably benefitted a whole lot more from the Citizen United decision. Whether we agree or not to who got what money, does that really matter? My main point is that Citizen United should be reversed. I also believe that only a liberal supreme court would reverse that horrible ruling by this conservative supreme court. I stated my opinion on the Citizen United ruling by this conservative supreme court. What is your opinion of this conservative supreme court ruling in Citizen United decision? Do you believe that the ruling was correct or not? You never stated your opinion on the actual ruling itself.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:48 pm
@Real Music,
I'm OK with Citizen's United. I favor free speech over campaign reform, and if you took out all of the corporate money you would just have billionaires and those backed by Unions running.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

But a degree enabled by affirmative action does?

You don't think George W. Bush was an affirmative action student?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:47 pm
@joefromchicago,
On GW Bush and affirmative action:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/20/timep.affirm.action.tm/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:38 pm
@Setanta,
Yes it is the one place where liberals can gain in both the senate and the Supreme Court. The house wont be democratic for at least 10 years if the democrates start working on it yesterday.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very true! The dems did oppose a nominee too back when, although my history of that is scarce. Sadly, considering the record of Republicans these years of Obama presidency, I do not believe it is just posturing, it is feeding a base of racists and bigots. Do I believe all repubs think like their constituents? No! I have high regard for McCain, when he was running against Obama and some idiot yelled out Obama was a Muslim and McCain shut him down. I respect that. Its the feeding frenzy of the ignorant and angry in town halls that keep racist bigots alive. Sure, our congress is supposed to represent their area, but I also believe, considering they are supposed to also be the most educated, they should also educate, and not allow the lowest of scum to represent everyone.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
Not much of a response.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:01 pm
What about the latest nominee to the supreme court. Hes a moderate republican most republicans voted for in his lower seat. What excuse can they give now? Even Sanders said hes not as progressive as he would like. And what I thought was, "cuz obamas smart and knows he cant get a progressive voted in? Hello!" Thats why I cant vote for bernie sanders.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:04 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Trump will surely keep them alive. They love it that Trump is wealthy. Beyond that, his brain is empty.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:04 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

What about the latest nominee to the supreme court. Hes a moderate republican most republicans voted for in his lower seat. What excuse can they give now? Even Sanders said hes not as progressive as he would like. And what I thought was, "cuz obamas smart and knows he cant get a progressive voted in? Hello!" Thats why I cant vote for bernie sanders.

Even democrats arent so stupid to hope that, not only do they get the presidency, but they also win the house and senate to vote in a progressive. This is an example of compromise. And the GOP just cant see it. Take it while its hot folks! Cuz it could be way worse. Want Trump choosing your judge? Umm...wait...forget I said that. Uggh
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:00 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:
What excuse can they give now?

Why do they need an excuse? They said that they are going to hold the nomination open until Mr. Trump is president, and that's the end of the matter.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:08 pm
@oralloy,
You're jumping the gun. Trump isn't elected as president yet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:11 pm
@oralloy,
You're jumping the gun. Trump isn't elected as president yet.
From investopedia.com:
Quote:
Donald Trump has been the surprise story of the Republican party in 2016. The likelihood of his reaching the number of delegates required to ensure his nomination have shortened to 2/7 following his wins in Florida, Illinois and North Carolina, according to British odds tracker OddsChecker. His odds were 2/5 going into the March 15 primaries. Ted Cruz is next at 13/2. John Kasich, whose odds were 12/1 going into "Mega Tuesday," is now at 8/1 following his win in Ohio, the state he's governed since 2011. Rubio dropped out of the race after failing to win Florida, which he represents in the Senate.

Read more: Current Probability of Donald Trump as President | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/111615/current-probabilities-donald-trump-president.asp#ixzz43JZgUNFO
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:19 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Yes, I believe there are democrats out there that have benefitted form the Citizens United decision. I believe the republicans overall probably benefitted a whole lot more from the Citizen United decision. Whether we agree or not to who got what money, does that really matter? My main point is that Citizen United should be reversed. I also believe that only a liberal supreme court would reverse that horrible ruling by this conservative supreme court. I stated my opinion on the Citizen United ruling by this conservative supreme court. What is your opinion of this conservative supreme court ru
ling in Citizen United decision? Do you believe that the ruling was correct or not? You never stated your opinion on the actual ruling itself.

Sadly, although I do agree this was a Kudos to republicans, liberals got the same sex marriage vote. The courts have been "compromising" in their recent rulings, although not all people agree with them understandably.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump will surely keep them alive. They love it that Trump is wealthy. Beyond that, his brain is empty.

Actually, I have to disagree on Trumps brain being empty. I think he is incredibely smart. Hes fed into the most debased of society and understands them. He also understands the mean, anti-anything me, attitude the world is adopting and is feeding on. Of course I am against it, but I cant call him stupid. Only the constituents that actually believe his crap. I can just imagine him returning to his condo in NY and LMFAO at all the ppl he has fooled into believing he gives a crap about them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:29 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Of course he's not stupid and only an idiot would suggest otherwise.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:33 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I say that Trump the racial bigot and xenophobe has an empty brain. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
Because its spitting in the eye of the constitution you Republicans claim to defend so much is why!