Fighting a bogus accident report

roger

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 05:47 pm
@Linkat,
She was questioned by a police officer without a parent being present? Sounds like a problem to me.
Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well she ain't getting any.

Dropped the report at police office today. It says we are supposed to send a copy to our insurance and the registry...not sure what to do as to us there is no accident to reportnature least in our opinion. I simply wrote throughout no crash...no contact where it asked location of crash..time etc. I filled in the location and times but wrote no damage etc.

Put the officer and athletic director on as witnesses just in case we don't get the video. Didn't hear backnow mostly likely because school break was starting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:17 pm
@roger,
I don't know that he questioned just gave her the accident data. I will have to ask if he questioned her and if anyone was around.

He told her he viewed the video and didn't see contact and told her she wasn't in trouble and what she needed to do.

I know he is the officer assigned to the schools.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 05:05 pm
@Linkat,
I seem to have misunderstood the situation.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 05:21 pm
Your insurance company is a business, and only your advocate to the extent that it makes economic sense for them to be. A good insurance claims department will resolve the claim based on economics.

If it's going to cost them $30k to defend a $5k claim they've not done their job well.

If you don't want them to settle, let them off the hook and tell them, explicitly, that you've withdrawn your claim and will bear all financial responsibility for it. Threatening not to renew will not mean a row of beans and nor should it unless your premium exceeds $30k.

This is, in the overall scheme of things, a piddly matter. I understand why this isn't the case for you but you'll have to put your money on the line if you want to pursue "justice" at all costs. Don't expect your insurance company to.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:58 am
So I was able to get a copy of the police report. It pretty establishes what we had said - basically that the video shows her driving carefully at first driving forward not coming near the car and then backing up (obviously so she can maneuver and not hit her car) and then slowly driving away - report says not viewable any contact was made.

The other thing it said though was because of the reaction of the person making the complaint it is likely her car was hit. When did opinion come into place. Anyone although there were many people around no one show her car hit.

The good news though at the end of the report - they stated no investigation as the original complainer said she was satisfied that the student was spoken to.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:42:40