Dizziness, Nausea, Blurred vision, Fatigue.

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 08:23 pm
So i was walking to school today and when i got to school i went to my locker. When i opened my locker my head started to hurt and felt like ti was expanding. Then my vision blurred (Lots of like black dots in my vision?) and i lost complete control of my body from what felt like fatigue and collapsed. I slammed my head on the wall and hit the ground. I blacked out and re awoke almost immediately. i tried to stand up but had no control of anything. Idk wut to do =(. I wen tot the doctor and they have no idea what happen'd. Also when i got home from the doctor it happen'd again and i fell on the ice and i think sprained my wrist. Plz if anyone knows something please help. Thx =)

Harry Blake

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 01:15 am
@Nathaniel00890,
Happens to a lot of people now and again, including me for many years, it's just a temporary imbalance in the bodies sugar/glucose levels or something, a bit like diabetes.
The black dots in front of the eyes are an early warning, so when they appear I immediately eat and drink something sugary and the dots go away and I feel okay again.
I used to try riding it out by not eating or drinking anything when the black dots appeared, but within minutes began to feel faint and sweaty, and my stomach began screaming out for food, so I ate and drank something just in time and never actually fainted.
But check with your doctor to make sure it's not diabetes.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 10:26 am
@Nathaniel00890,
Do not listen to non-medical person's advice when they say the following:
Quote:
Happens to a lot of people now and again

Furthermore, this is even more irresponsible:
Quote:
it's just a temporary imbalance in the bodies sugar/glucose levels or something, a bit like diabetes.

This is poor and irresponsible advice. Blackouts such as you experienced are not common and should not be considered as minor. You should see a doctor who pursues this further until a diagnosis has been arrived at and treatment plan occurs. If you have to find a different doctor who treats this more fully, do so.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 10:59 am
@Nathaniel00890,
Talk to your parents. Tell them what you told us. There are a lot of reasons for blackouts. Some are very treatable, others are not.

But you need a doctor to look at you.

Period.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:10 am
@Nathaniel00890,
Nathaniel00890 wrote:
I wen tot the doctor and they have no idea what happen'd. Also when i got home from the doctor it happen'd again and i fell on the ice and i think sprained my wrist.

have you told your parents?

did you tell a teacher at school?

have you been back to the doctor?
0 Replies

Nathaniel00890

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 03:12 pm
@Ragman,

Yes ik i was very confused on his advice because im pretty sure its not sugar or whatever he said. I eat a lot honestly but im also healthy. I weigh 140 pounds and im in grade 9. I also am getting the results from a blood test i got 2 day either tomorrow or next week. I was also told that i had seizure while i was blacked out. I got a different doctor and he said it could be diabetes. But im not unhealthy. i honestly hate candy ;/. I eat alot of fruit and occasionally and energy dring after my soccer games. Also while thinking about it i occasionally get dizzy when i stand up and my eyes tend to twitch alot left and right. Thx for your help so far =). Will keep u updated.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 06:26 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
I'm following along and agree it can have differing causes. I'm also not a doctor but a medical reading type person since I worked in research in my early working life and am still interested, especially when a real person like you is dealing with this. Keep us in the loop, please, if you don't mind.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:06 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
said- "I wen tot the doctor and they have no idea what happen'd."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they often know nothing, so always remember THE INTERNET IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN TOWN..Smile
There are plenty of health forums around the net, so look them up and ask around and you'll find people with the same symptoms and you can discuss it with them and compare notes.
Like I said, I've been having the same symptoms as you on and off for many years and it's not serious for me because it's just a temporary imbalance in the bodies chemistry. Racing cyclists call it "the bonk" or "hunger knock", which is why in long races they pick up food and drink at feeding stations, but it could happen to anybody, cyclist or not.
If you feel ill again at school or wherever, get them to phone for an ambulance and the hospital doctors will give you a good checking over..Smile
roger

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:42 pm
@Harry Blake,
In no way does this sound like hypoglycemia. Please quit suggesting more uninformed and unknown internet users.
0 Replies

Klang

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 08:53 pm
Like Mr Blake said, he has the same symptoms so I should think that makes him well qualified to comment, especially as her first doctor didn't know what was wrong.
And as Mr Blake suggested, it's a good idea to compare notes with others on the internet who have the symptoms, such as at this site-
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77271

For example here's an interesting quote from there-
"I'm like that too. I have to eat every couple of hours or I get icky and dizzy and just all round funny feeling.
I just make sure I eat every couple of hours, something like a pear or a banana or a packet of sultanas. My doctor says that a lot of people who suffer from anxiety benefit from eating this way because we often use so much energy with our anxiety that we don't notice but it affects our body"

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:48 am
@Harry Blake,
Really, Harry...
The symptoms may mimic hypoglycemia, but that would probably be the least of what could be a legion of real nasty conditions. I had similar symptoms.
Now the pendulum has swung to type II diabetes.
So the best advice is to stick with doctors and, of course parents.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:05 am
@Nathaniel00890,
Please seek another Doctor's opinion.

It could be a lot of things so tests should be made.

When I was your age, I would collapse as well, black dots in my vision, collapse hit the ground, blacked out but re-awoke, it was diagnosed then as low blood pressure.

It went away eventually, many, many years ago.

So it could be deficiencies in your diet as well.

Get a blood test and any other test you need. This would be frightening to you and don't ever listen to people that google and try to give you answers, you can only get suggestions via the internet and ultimately, Doctors to confirm.
0 Replies

Nathaniel00890

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:50 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
OK for everyone i got back my blood tests. I somehow have type 2 diabetes. I was told nothing only my mom was told. All i was told was i got type 2 diabetes. I dont know how mi have it D: I eat really healthy and im super active. Idk wut to do i was told nothing. My doctor told my mom and my mom is very.. um not a good mom i guess. So she tells me nothing. I pay for my hockey lessons and everything. If someone can tell me what to do i would like that. Idk wut to do anymore.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 09:00 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
I sympathize.

There is lots of information available, but I'm sorry you have to chase it.
We probably have a lot of threads on it here and posters share it..

But, better, is there a way you could actually talk with your doctor?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 09:02 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
Just as a starter, look at the mayo clinic site -

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/type-2-diabetes/home/ovc-20169860
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 05:48 am
@Nathaniel00890,
I'm sorry this is happening, but fortunately, this condition is manageable. You need to get specifics from your doctor. Bring your mother along if she is preparing most of your food, as you need to be on the same page about this.
0 Replies

Nathaniel00890

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 12:19 pm
@Nathaniel00890,
Thank you all Very Happy. I got a new doctor cuz he thouht i didnt need to know this information. My mom kinda left me with my dad cuz she said she couldnt handle me (even tho im a super awesome and well behaved kid =D) My new doctor has set up a plan for me and my dad and im on some pills. Im also getting an MRI because of a lump that has appeared on my head. Honsestly thank you all. I may talk about the MRI l8r but this may be my last post. Again Thank you
0 Replies

Jamie B

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 02:08 pm
Its really hard to say what it is. It can be a million things, but if I were you I would definitely go back to the doctors office and let them know to run more tests. Because that is not normal. I hope you figure out what it is and everything will be okay.
0 Replies