Any a2ker here for SB50?

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:25 pm
Just wondering if any a2ker is here for SB50. If so, we can meet for a drink and/or meal. If interested, we can show you around this area including the new construction of Apple's campus 2 ($5 billion project) not far from where we live.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,041 • Replies: 12
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you're paying? I'm in.
Where and when?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:41 pm
@mark noble,
I'm always good for a meal.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Define 'meal'? Let's talk 'food worthy' (free or not) of turning up for?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:13 pm
@mark noble,
How about Burger King or Togo's? LOL
Actually, I've been known to treat folks to pretty good meals when we had gatherings in San Francisco.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
BTW, we have pretty good restaurants in Silicon Valley. People in the high tech industry love to eat good food.
Some of the best donut shops: Stan's Donut Shop 4.5 stars
971 on Yelp
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm avoiding 'Cisco'. atm.
Trust me - Methane leak in 'porter ranch' too close for comfort.
How about Wales, South?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:21 pm
@mark noble,
Love visiting the UK, Scotland and Ireland, but doesn't look like it's in the planning stage any time soon. My travel buddy and I are planning a trip to Cuba in March. However, if you come to San Francisco, I'll give you a tour of Northern California.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am literally pennyless Cic, and that's my thing. I work for
the minimum wage and cannot afford to comfortably pay my eldest dogs' vet bills. My life, is complex, but, hey - All worth experiencing!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:04 pm
@mark noble,
I was penniless in my mid twenties, but I had a friend, Hal, who adopted me like a brother and treated me to the life of luxury. We met in the USAF in New Mexico, and he asked me to move to Chicago after my discharge if I didn't have other plans, so that's what I did. His parents owned two first class restaurants; one a night club with Hawaiian theme, and the other a Japanese restaurant. I worked as an assistant mater'd at the night club on Friday and weekends to earn a little money. We used to double date, and he always picked up the tab. When I moved back to California to continue my education, he eventually moved to California too. The night club is where I met George, a popular waiter at the club. We became good friends, and he also moved to California where he met his wife. He flew up from San Diego for our wedding in San Francisco. We kept close contact, and lived close by. We watched each others children grow up. George loved to eat, and he was diabetic, and that's what ended his life.
I learned decades later from his wife that Hal had a heart attack and died in Hawaii.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Btw, I Will, without question or debate, live in a box on a streetcorner and sell my arse (hopefully not) for the sake of my dogs. Coz they're more caring and loyal than any human (Met many) that ever there was.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're bloody well frikkin awesome, Cic.
Gotta go bed now.
Mega-long week, If not banned from a2k, for indiscrepencies - Will cya soon.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:23 pm
@mark noble,
Club Waikiki, Hal's parents club. This was in the 50's.
http://calumet412.com/post/29507137609/the-club-waikiki-wilson-and-clarendon-1947
0 Replies