SHOULD I UNBLOCK SETANTA?

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:24 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
I too believe Setanta has an intellect that can guide, promote and encourage those who require, or lack certain direction - And I am confused as to why he wastes his time attacking others instead of doing so.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Aww. Poor dear. There there.

You start this ridiculous thread as some sort of snide way of insulting a fellow member of this site, and get your knickers in a twist when I refuse to go along with your bullshite.

Yesterday you came on here and started another ridiculous thread, seemingly sneering at American history. The only reason I can think that you did this was to ridicule and rile.

I think you are a troll, pure and simple, and will treat you as such.

Playing Devil's advocate ain't that a bit of a cliché justification ? Humans do that all the time so where does the authority springs from ?
Setanta is just as good at snide pot shots as everyone else...sometimes he has a point sometimes he doesn't just like whoever posts in here...statistics on stupidity are very relative...it all depends on how far up your looking down...
There is something to be said about intellectuals. They are by definition the most eluded bastards in the world. The truth of the matter is that we all are pseudo intellectuals with the difference being some of us are more aware of our bullshit then the average ant savant we see around...
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:32 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
I agree.
Did you isolate a phrase from the contextual entirity, in order to secure a reason to support your doubts concerning my integrity?
Or, is it safer to mistrust, and live another day?
Rustling in the long grass - Climb the tree, every time, Tes.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:41 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

Quote:
I deemed it necessary

'Deeming' is what pompous prats do.

Quote:
do you believe that this post is my glorification-process?

See above.

We "deemed" it in every action we take morning to dusk...
...pompous pompous is pointing fingers at pompous...
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:58 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You miss my point with your finger wagging post, filly.

To start a serious, negative, seemingly insulting thread about a fellow member.....ANY fellow member, in my mind, totally lacks class.

An obviously harmless and humorous thread? Fine.
A Happy Birthday/ positive/congratulatory thread? Fine.

Just my take on it. I would have responded in the same manner with any other troll.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
Don't backtrack sawsay.
You're not the one being hounded by Setanta.
I can deal with it, yet I ask for other's opinions, in lieu.
I have many things in RL that I can truly partake in - Were it not for a few, here, on this site, I would not attend it.
Internet forums are a dying trade - Let's try not fck it up willingly, eh?
Some folk (I happen to like) Ain't got an alternative.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:19 pm
@mark noble,
You show me where I backtracked.

When I actually wasted my time in answering you seriously, I never made mention of your specific target in question.

I wrote this :-
"You start this ridiculous thread as some sort of snide way of insulting a fellow member of this site, and get your knickers in a twist when I refuse to go along with your bullshite."

If you want to start a negative, snide thread here about any fellow member, don't be surprised if someone else comes along and pulls up your skirt.

If you have issues with a fellow member in any thread, then either take him or her on in that thread and prove your point, or take the other route and report him or her if you feel that the incident is serious enough to warrant such action.
Judging by the subject matter that you consider viable for a thread here, I am surprised that you are surprised by the responses you receive.

I repeat that I take issue with negative threads that specifically name other a2k members.

The difference with me is that I go for the flaming approach first, when maybe I should just jump in straight away and call you a troll in plain language.

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:22 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I believe I have made my point as clearly as I possibly can and do not wish to waste any more time on you, so do not expect any future reponse from me.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:28 pm
This must be the designated day for getting bent out of shape.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:41 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I, forgive my conduit,
did not start a 'ridiculous-thread'. You, have judged me (Thread) in accordance with your definition of 'ridiculousness'...!
Because - Your view is the only view that exists.
Kinda (of) like me saying Bananas taste like the melted, roast bones that the Inquistors gathered from their, now redundant, templar assassins' feet!
Doesn't make it true...?
Will, time permitting - Read on later, ok.
Missus struggling to goto toilet, gonna help..
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:04 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Bananas taste like [something] ... Doesn't make it true...?

Such statements are descriptions of subjective sensations and may very well be true for the utterer.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:10 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Absolutely! Doesn't universalise the sensation, though.
mark noble

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 07:36 am
@mark noble,
My apologies to you, folks - Had some issues of late - Hit the vodka-button - Popped into a2k (trying to find an interesting distraction) and bumped straight into Setanta.
Sorry for this thread, also to Setanta and anyone else I offended.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 09:47 am
@mark noble,
Go take care of your wife. Send her my best hopes in recovery. Have a nice day, one at a time !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 11:23 am
Aw, please unblock him. Setanta has not been able to eat or sleep since this devastating turn of events. Well, mostly. He has only been able to eat two ham sammiches per meal, since you so cruelly laid it on him. And just one root beer. And he only gets nine hours sleep, compared to the usual nine and a half. You don't want him to waste away, do you?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 11:28 am
Yeah! Way to go! After the a-hole is down, kick the **** outa him!
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
Truth is, jester - It's not american-history that is incorrect (It's quite recent, and well recorded/documented) that I ABSOLUTELY REPUTE, it's the entirety of historical data pre-1100 ad (CE).
Try Graham Hancock (Time and/or inclinatation prevailing).
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:49 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Then you are biased by your own admirable factors?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:59 am
@Lordyaswas,
A complete passage of absolute hogwash, sir.
If you have nothing to add (Constructively) other than your 'opininion'........ add nothing - It is more appropriate.
'Class'?
What the heck is that? You better than everyone else?
I'm equal to everyone, btw.
"Class-distinction" - That's anal, fella.
Live long and prosper.
0 Replies