Boy problems

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:02 pm
There is this boy, and we have been friends for many years. He asked me out the the dance and for about a week after that he would give me small gifts everyday. He has talked about not being able to date until he is older, which is fine, but one day my friends pressured him into asking me out. (I ended up finding out that my friends were up to it so we didn't go) He will also often try to "show off" when he is around me. He still talks to me like we are friends (which is great) but I have caught him blushing almost every time. He has also been sitting at a closer table to mine lately at lunch.
UPDATE: I have concluded that he probably has a crush on me
UPDATE: My friend went to go talk to him to see if he was going to ask me to the dance, and now they keep saying "Yep" and nodding every time they see each other. I think this means he will ask me out to the dance again
UPDATE: It is now 2 days away from the dane, and he hasn't asked me! For the other dance, he asked me out about a week before.
What's going on?? Advice? Should I ask him? Should I go with anyone else who asks me because he hasn't? What do I do??? Help!! ((Any advice helps))

doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 07:26 pm
@doggie lover,
Please help ASAP!!! The dance is tomorrow!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 07:31 pm
@doggie lover,
Since he already said 'yep,' just wait and see. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Don't lose any sleep over it.
doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks! =)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:08 pm
@doggie lover,
doggie lover wrote:
UPDATE: My friend went to go talk to him

don't talk to your friends about this stuff

tell your friends to stay out of it

__

if you want to go to the dance with the boy, tell him. don't tell your friends. don't tell his friends. tell him.

talk to him directly - in person
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:09 pm
@doggie lover,
Please help with what? we can't make him ask you to the dance.

No one can.

He is the only one who can decide if he will ask you.

Again, if you want to go with him - ask him to the dance yourself.
doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for all of your help! (I was saying help for my questions and any advice, btw) I guess i'll just leave him be and let him do his own thing Wink I don't know why i've been stressing about this lately.... :/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:04 pm
Why don't you ask him?
doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:15 pm
@chai2,
I probably would, but I don't know if he's asked another girl or not. And I don't want to be rude and bug him about it.
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:45 pm
@doggie lover,
Oh course you don't know if he's asked another girl!

That's why you ask him!

Why would it be rude to ask him if he's going to the dance, and if he'd like to go with you?

You know, it's not easy being a boy and having to do everthing.

He brings you gifts, he sits by you, he's got to be the one to show off to show you he likes you.
Why are you putting all the work on him?

Plus, your friends are acting pretty jerky, pressuring him into asking you out.
ehBeth right, leave them out of it.

You ask him, what's the worst that's going to happen? He'll tell you he asked someone else. So what? Then you know.
doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:52 pm
@chai2,
Thanks, that really helped. =) One last question though. I probably will ask him to go with me (or at least ask him if he's going with anybody) but when do I ask? Before school, lunch/recess, after school? And what would you prefer to be asked by, text, call or in person?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:19 pm
@doggie lover,
talk to him in person

then he can see that you are smiling at him when you're talking

it'll help his nerves about all of this (and it will help you too)

doggie lover

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Great, thanks! (So maybe at lunch/recess??)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:40 pm
@doggie lover,
I'd say not too late in the day.

What time is the dance?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:40 pm
@doggie lover,
Yes! If the dance is tomorrow it's a bit late though.....
maybe his parents won't allow him to go since he's not allowed to date yet.

Regardless, the only way to find out is to ask, so go for it!
doggie lover

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 07:10 am
@ehBeth,
The dance is 6pm-9pm
0 Replies

doggie lover

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 07:11 am
@CalamityJane,
Thanks! He was allowed to go last time, so I suspect this time would not be any different. (unless if he had anything else going on such as swimming)
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 09:27 am
@doggie lover,
Why don't you just ask if you can meet up at the dance.

You will find out for sure then if he has asked another girl. (I don't get it - you say he can't date, yet you are worried that he has asked another girl. Please explain)
doggie lover

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 10:20 am
@PUNKEY,
That sounds like a reasonable idea. I'll try that.
I'll explain my situation, going to the dance is not a date. If a boy asks you, you can go with him and during the dance you will usually slow dance with him and just hang out. If this guy would happen to go with another girl, I could not go with him and do that stuff. Also, if I don't know if he is going with someone, I might turn down an offer from another guy.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 10:22 am
@doggie lover,
Why not just go to the dance - and dance with whoever is there?