Marriage Help

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 05:59 pm
My wife and I have been having some trouble communicating and getting along. I recommended we see a counselor, but our schedules won't allow it. So, she recommended we do some literature together. Tonight, we did an excersise, in which, we said to one another something the other does that hurts us. The other writes it down, and writes down their reasoning as to why that happens. At the end of saying 5 things, you trade papers and read, to calmly understand your spouse's point of view.

In my 5 responses, I listed all the things I could that I knew could be reasons why I do some of the things I do, and what I struggle with. Not one response passed any blame to my wife. In all 5 of my wife's responses, she partially or fully blamed me (indirectly and directly).

When we discussed with each other, I sad I was sad to see we had 10 issues which fully or partially showed me to be to blame.

I'm torn. Am I really that awful? I've always been told two people play a role in bad relationships, but I'm starting to feel like I'm at the bottom of all of our issues.

Please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 558 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:06 pm
@bigrob12608,
Sit down (alone), be honest with yourself, and ask: Is what she said true?

Also, be sure to ask yourself if you pulled any punches in your own list.
0 Replies