How to get my second amendment back

Denis

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 05:32 pm
Back in 1969 I had two felonies no firearms or knives involved and just last year I had them both reduced to misdemeanors.
The problem is the judge reduced them under (Pen. Code 1203.4-4a) which doesn't allow me to own a firearm. I don't understand how the judge can do this with no kind of violence at all on my records or anywhere in my past.
He just put me in the same category with arm robbers, assault with a deadly weapon and other criminals that used a firearm while commenting there crime.

Since these two Felonies I have never had another run in with the law been a prefect citizen every since. So how do I get this over turned.?
I know most people will tell me to go get a lawyer but I haven't got a lot of money I was just wondering if there are any groups out there that I can go to for help.
I am 71 years old now and not much time left. And I would love to go hunting with my two sons.

This all happened in California.

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 06:07 pm
@Denis,
You still need a lawyer. Go to Legal Services in your area, and see if you can get help at a reduced rate.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 06:54 pm
@Denis,
I think your governor can help - if he/she wants to. It would be convenient if you still lived in the state in which you were convicted.
Denis

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:43 am
@roger,
I do still live in the same state.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:53 am
@Denis,
Denis wrote:
I am 71 years old now and not much time left. And I would love to go hunting with my two sons.

you can't go with them without carrying a gun yourself?

__

If you carrying a gun is so important, ask your children to help you with the funds to get a lawyer to work on this.
0 Replies