Weirdly accurate personality test

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 03:19 pm
Has anyone else done the Myers-Briggs personality test?
It's weirdly accurate, and I just found some self-help stuff tailored to my personality which was super helpful.
I got ENFP. Would be interesting to see what my internet friends get!
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,211 • Replies: 7
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 03:31 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
There is no science behind Myers-Briggs. It is no more accurate than a Tarot Card reading, and it feels accurate for the same reason that Tarot Cards do (i.e. confirmation bias).

I have no problem with people enjoying this test, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that there is valid rational science behind these readings. This is just another form of astrology.

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 04:27 pm
@maxdancona,
I know there is a lot of people who dispute it, but there are psychological principles, not 'no' science, so not the same as astrology.
Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 04:29 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
FWIW, I'm ENFP, as well.

Having been tested by former employer and when using the more involved in-depth version, I got to understand it a lot better. I know my employer used it to augment their decision on selecting committee or team members and seeing their comfort zones or working styles. They claimed it successfully aided pairing up members with the their best-suited-for tasks.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 04:37 pm
I answered as honestly as I could, and when I saw the results, I didn't recognise myself at all. Not "weirdly accurate" at all.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 07:49 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

I know there is a lot of people who dispute it, but there are psychological principles, not 'no' science, so not the same as astrology.

It is the same as astrology. Astrology has astronomical principles the same way that Myers-Briggs has psychological principles.

Science is based on things that have been proven by objective experiments. Neither astrology nor Myers-Briggs have passed this important hurdle. Myers-Briggs has undergone scientific tests, and the objective, scientific tests have failed.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:57 pm
I took the test. I agree with some of the characteristics pointed out and disagree with others. On the whole, I think the answers are too general. However, I do have fun taking tests like this.

"Commander" Roberta

Who? Moi?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:02 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
I took the test . It was fun taking the test. The results seem to be sort of accurate. The trick is to answer the questions as truthful and accurate as you possibly can.
0 Replies