Child Support arrears ETC.

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:18 pm
Hi there I am a mom on disability i am not going to go into ALOT of detail but my kids father owes alot of back support he owes support to a child in aprevious marriage before me, and now my two kids an now he is remarried with two more kids, the courts ordered him based on what he was making 963 a month for my two kids an 192 arrears when he started to get behind. he was having that garnished from his wages until they suspended his license an he wasnt able to work the job he was working because he was a mechanic at the time. he has been on the run for a few yrs now an jsut with my case alone he iwas 38k behind, he is working under the table i have recently gotten all info on him thru sources that i have found myself an i verified them all an submitted them to CSE, my question is what will happen next being that he is working under the table, he is remarried, he has begged us in the past dont put him in jail or when he was locked up once or twice he begged us to work with him an we agreed but it was all a lie an he went back to running I am in Georgia by the way

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:32 pm
@shadowfel,
Call the cops.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 05:44 pm
@jespah,
Oh, and Jespah is not really a pink rabbit. She's smart about these matters. I agree with her.
0 Replies

shadowfel

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 07:45 pm
@jespah,
I can not call the police with CSE being involved because if i do they will close my case so calling the cops is not an option. i am looking for serious replys not ones about stoopid pink rabbits liek really this is a serious matter
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 07:59 pm
@shadowfel,
I know it's serious, I was trying to let you know that Jespah is a smart woman and worth listening to, not make a stoopid remark.

If you know you can't go to the police about it because of Children's Services being involved, that's news to me and I'd double check if they can close you down, but I assume you know what is the situation where you live on that.

Have you looked into getting an attorney? If you are short on funds, there may be attorneys to help on a pro bono basis. Call the local bar association to seek help on that. In the US, usually you can meet with an attorney to discuss a case with no charge for the first visit, so even if you can't go further due to money, they may say something useful for you re what to do.
jcboy

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:00 pm
@shadowfel,
Then contact Division of Child Support Services in Georgia and apply for assistance.
shadowfel

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:12 pm
@jcboy,
SMH.... You obviously did not read my post i alrdy have a a CSE case for the past 5 yrs
0 Replies

shadowfel

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok i wasnt sure why there was a rebbit comment so i figured it was just someone being silly when i was asking a serious question, As far as calling the cops I am not sure what they can do when there isnt a warrant out for him or anything like that I have a CSE case its child support services
shadowfel

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:21 pm
@shadowfel,
this place is supost to be supportive an now ppl are saying it is my own fault? what in the world are you talking about ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 09:17 pm
@shadowfel,
I've been peripherally involved with a difficult case in my extended family, but I'm no expert re the police since that didn't come up in our situation.
Maybe the police don't know enough to put out a warrant.
You are the one who seems to have done a lot of research and knows things and needs to be listened to.

Others who know more on a2k will likely answer.

In the meantime, who is saying it's your own fault?
Who are you asking "who are you talking to?"
This is confusing. Maybe someone posted and then deleted the post?

The rabbit comment is that Jespah and I both have rabbits in our present avatars.
shadowfel

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi there Oss
AS far as the police goes, someone said to call the cops, I would be able to do that i perfonally put him in contempt an had a warrant or something on him but my case was turned over to childsupport enforcement for the support to be deducted from his wages was told at the time this happen that child support enfornce has to be the one that takes the action apon the non custodial parent i cant just call up the cops an say oh hes behind in childsupport an have him arrested it doesnt work that way that i understand, i do know that have suspended his license an have been looking for him for qwuite sometime but havent been able to fiond him an i found him an submitted the info i have done alot of research on this i did my own divorce papers , an alot of others also but this one from what i have been told is out of my hands when i submitted the info to cse they told me they were not sure what the next course of action was i was just curious as to what others on here know about what course of actiuon do they normally take

as far as what i was refering to someone in the post had posted that all this was my fault an i was just responding to that was pretty rude an was not supportive at all
jespah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 05:57 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Then contact Division of Child Support Services in Georgia and apply for assistance.

Agreed. And no one said it was your fault. Please don't read stuff into posts that isn't there.
shadowfel

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 08:21 am
@jespah,
it was there by jcboy he had removed it so thanks
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 08:39 am
@shadowfel,
I understand now re the Child Support Enforcement scene.

My next thinking then is - have you told the Child Support Enforcement people all you found on your searches? You probably have, but I ask just in case.
Do they have it from you in writing?
shadowfel

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 11:09 am
@ossobuco,
I have called in and i have submitted it all threw the CSE portal yes
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 11:25 am
@shadowfel,
I've one last idea that may well be irrelevant -
Years ago when I lived in California, you could go to your Assembly person's office and state your problem, and sometimes get advice re what to do or who to see. I did it once, not re any CSE situation, but on what I had asked about, they helped. I've no idea how it works in other states or if it would be regarded as bothersome or inappropriate.
shadowfel

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Childsupport encorcement takes over an they are able to do more then i can other then just puttinmg him in contempt an a warrnat out on him i did talk to child support people an they told me i am not allowed to do anything or it will close my case. thye have alrdy suspended his license
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:05 pm
@shadowfel,
Ok, glad you talked with them.

Hang in there.
0 Replies