Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:47 pm
Hello, I am almost 20, 5'6". I've been dealing with asthma my whole life. It was just until recently I started waking up several times every night in the middle of an asthma attack. I do have an apointment to see a doctor on Febuary 8th, I just wanted to get other opinions/experiences. I have a blue and 2 different purple inhalers. The blue one doesn't help much, an the purple ones make my breathing feel worse. I am a smoker (cut back to 6 smokes a day) but I do not have any asthma problems during the day, only at night whe I'm sleeping. Anyone have any advice to help me until my doctors apointment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 562 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:52 pm
@FallenBloodRaven,
Quote:
Anyone have any advice to help me until my doctors appointment?

I have advice but you're not going to like it (and you've heard it before):
STOP SMOKING.

That being said, you do have my sympathy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:54 pm
@FallenBloodRaven,
Wash the bedclothes? I'm not kidding, there may be dust mites or other stuff you are allergic to on the bedclothes or pillows. A cat cuddled up, if you are allergic, could be a problem.

Stopping smoking completely is a good idea; it helped for myself and others. I had smoked for twenty years.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 12:46 am
When I was a smoker, I would cough my goolyonies out when I laid down to sleep. It helped to prop my self up with pillows. It took me a year to stop coughing when I gave up smoking. But it was worth it.

See your doctor. AND give up smoking. Not necessarily in that order.
0 Replies

munnahplb

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2022 05:38 am
@FallenBloodRaven,
Try these tips for managing your disease:
Give up smoking. Giving up nicotine is one of the most important things you can do for your health. ...
Eat right and exercise. ...
Get rest. ...
Take your medications correctly. ...
Use oxygen appropriately. ...
Retrain your breathing. ...
Avoid infections. ...
Learn techniques to bring up mucus.
0 Replies