1. Compare Judaism and Christianity

Truth teller

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 08:53 pm
R. S.
As a Christian myself in Jesus Christ, I'm reminded of something that Jesus said that is vital to understanding the purity of Truth. Loosely paraphrased, "...the traditions of men render the word of God of no effect..." You see, putting the traditions of men in place of God's word dilutes it, (at best). We see such things in both of these "religions."
There are huge likenesses within Catholicism, for example, that stem from old-covenant Aaronic priesthood patterns (vestments, liturgical observances i.e. ceremonies), but there are also a lot of things that are not found in old or new-testament scripture at all within that same structure. Perhaps the least of these un-entered observances in many Christian denominations is baby-baptism. While God is not going to hold a child or anyone else in bad standing for baptizing them (obviously), there is still found within this practice a variant from what is scripturally true. Baptism is to be experienced or completed when someone comes to believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the promised Messiah (the Anointed One) and Savior of all who will believe. The old covenant states that God would make a new covenant with the house of Israel that would include all the nations through their Jewish Messiah. Now, tell me about a Jewish person the nations have ever put their trust in. (Not at all saying anything about trust in and of itself -- or Jewish people you understand -- but Jesus of Nazareth is singular in this respect.) If you were to take just this one prophecy regarding the identity of the Savior (Messiah) , there is no other such person in history in whom millions of non-Jewish people (from the nations) have placed their trust. There are also unprecedented numbers of Jewish people around the world who are now believing in Yeshua (Jesus). Jesus' personal ministry was for the lost sheep of Israel and shortly thereafter the message would be proclaimed throughout the world by His emissaries.

Baby-dedications (on the eighth day if possible -- minus circumcision) are much closer to biblical standards in place of baptisms for young individuals. There are many traditions that have been put in place -- perhaps unknowingly, in Christendom, that are indifferent to revealed biblical truth. Opinions can change and vary but Truth is always true, (2 plus 2 equals 4). Hunting for and discerning our traditions as to whether they are all "OK" is not what I'm into and many (I'm sure) do not hinder us. There are, however, some that are apparently more obvious. I remember a Jewish concert pianist from Russia that had come to believe in Yeshua. He said he went to the new testament to find out how it came to be and how it happened that Jesus became a Christian. That was an honest approach. There's practically nothing recognizable to a Jewish person regarding Christianity and it's roots. But the new testament says the Jewish olive tree branches are cultivated, Gentiles are said to be uncultivated branches. If the uncultivated olive branches can be grafted into the promise God spoke to Abraham (all the nations will be blessed through his line), how much more readily can the cultivated branches be grafted in through Jesus the Messiah. The promise was to the Jew first and also to the Gentile.

I personally (as do most Christians), accept both "old" and "new" covenants as revealed truth. "Old," being the texts that Judaism holds dear as well as "New" being texts that Christians hold dear. The new covenant states that all scripture is "God breathed," nothing could be clearer than that.
In fact, everything was revealed in the old covenant in regard to what was to come when prophecies spoken by the Hebrew prophets would be fulfilled in the fullness of time. Christianity doesn't stand on its own but was brought to light through prophetic utterances within the old treasures. (Matt 13:52)

Remember, when the apostle Paul brought the message of salvation in Christ, he used the old covenant to reveal who the Messiah was as well as the miraculous. Jesus said, in regard to people believing, "Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
The old covenant makes clear who Messiah would be. He would be bruised and crushed for our iniquity -- his life would be a guilt offering -- he would come unto his own and not be accepted -- he would be cut off from the land of the living and would then be shown the light of life -- soldiers would gamble for his clothing -- thirty pieces of silver would be paid by his betrayer -- the gentiles would put their trust in him. Hundreds more are found through-out the old covenant. And as valuable, that he would be born in Bethlehem. The Hebrew prophets were given such revelations so that the Savior (Messiah) could be recognized by Israel and for a world God so loved that he sent His Son -- that whosoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life.
Jesus Christ our Passover Lamb has been sacrificed. (1 Corinthians 5:7)
God loves you all -- Jesus is love.
worldtraveler24

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:33 am
@Truth teller,
Well -written truth teller! I appreciate a fellow believer here in the forum. Most of these posters that I find on here are either God haters or those who don't even acknowledge that He exists.
0 Replies

graceforall

Wed 13 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@El-Diablo,
I believe the old testament is based on law, verses the new testament is based more on grace.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 04:57 am
@Truth teller,
Quote:
I personally (as do most Christians), accept both "old" and "new" covenants as revealed truth. "Old," being the texts that Judaism holds dear as well as "New" being texts that Christians hold dear.

The only trouble, is that the builders of the Jewish Church and the Christian church have rejected the cornerstone, which is the Most important stone of all.
Leadfoot

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 09:48 am
@The Anointed,
You expect more than lip service from Christians?
izzythepush

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 09:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Pleased to see you’re still around.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 05:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
The stone that the builders rejected is 'ENOCH' the chosen cornerstone to who all the spirits of the righteous are gathered in the creation of God's new glorious Temple of light that is to replace the old tent=tabernacle of God, which is the body of mankind, wherein HE dwells in the innermost sanctuary behind the veil of the flesh, as he awaits the creation of his more glorious Temple, 'The Son of Man,' wherein HE shall dwell on earth with mankind.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 05:55 pm
@dauer,
If you're making three threads, I'll say this.

Christianity and Judaism are the same God. If you ask this next, the Allah from Islam is not. However, despite these being the same God, their approach is much different. Christians worship God in the person of Jesus, most Jews reject Jesus. Christians accept the Trinity, Jews technically have it, but don't recognize it as such. More disturbingly, Jews are into the law to the point that if the Torah is dropped, they have to fast for like a week or so. Christians see the law as a curse.
The Anointed

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 07:52 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Christianity and Judaism are the same God.

Correct, The God of Judaism is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them (The Israelites) a prophet like you from among their own people. I will 'MY WORDS' in his mouth, and he will tell the people all that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to 'MY WORDS' which he shall speak in 'MY NAME' I will surely punish.

This is the God of the man Jesus, of who it is written in Acts 3: 13, "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given diving glory to his servant Jesus, etc.
bulmabriefs144

Sun 22 Aug, 2021 06:00 am
@The Anointed,
And yet, you don't seem to believe Jesus is anything aside from a human man.

If Jesus is only a worshiper of God, how can it be said to be God's plan to forgive sins?
Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Aug, 2021 06:28 am
So if Rapunzel only let's her hair down if the person calling from the bottom of the tower says, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down you hair"...why do the Rapunjacobites think that "Rapunzel, Rapunzel...c'mon girl, let those locks fall so as I can come up and make that dress feel tighter on you" works just as well. The Rapunwilhelmites think that is heretical...and they have a point.

Jacob Grimm, seemed to think that both ways would work...and his brother Wilhelm thought differently.

Scholars are not sure if a true comparison of Rapunjacobitism and Rapunwilhelmism can be done, because...

...well, just because.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 22 Aug, 2021 07:13 am
The judges Score all 10's for most obscure allusions in a single post!

Although Anointed is a close second, and still has a chance to pull into the lead.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Mon 23 Aug, 2021 12:49 am
@bulmabriefs144,
[quote]Christianity and Judaism are the same God.[/quote]

Quote:
Correct, The God of Judaism is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them (The Israelites) a prophet like you from among their own people. I will 'MY WORDS' in his mouth, and he will tell the people all that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to 'MY WORDS' which he shall speak in 'MY NAME' I will surely punish.

This is the God of the man Jesus, of who it is written in Acts 3: 13, "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, etc. Now for the etcetera, his servant Jesus who has been given divine glory, is now incontestably divine and sits in the heavenly throne of our Father, where in Revelation 3: 21; He invites all those who like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, to sit beside him in his throne.

Revelation 2: 17; “To those who win the victory I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give each of them a white stone on which is written a new name that no one knows except the one who receives it.

Verses 26-28; To those who win the victory, who continue to the end to do what I want, I will give the same authority that I received from my Father: I will give them authority over the nations, to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots. I will also give them the morning star.

It amazes me how any intelligent person can be so gullible as to be deceived into believing the false teaching of the so-called virgin birth of the ‘MAN’ Jesus, or are so naïve as to believe that Jesus was in fact a woman.

What do reckon bout that bulmabriefs?
Leadfoot

Mon 23 Aug, 2021 06:43 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Jesus who has been given divine glory, is now incontestably divine and sits in the heavenly throne of our Father,

In? I thought it was at the right hand of the Father. Or was that another mis-translation in KJV?
The Anointed

Mon 23 Aug, 2021 09:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
In? I thought it was at the right hand of the Father. Or was that another mis-translation in KJV?

Nope! No mistranslation there. Perhaps it might just be, your inability to comprehend the written word old mate.

KJV Revelation 3: 21; To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me ‘IN’ my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father ‘IN’ his throne.

GNB Bible, Catholic Study edition; Revelation 3: 21; To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me 'ON' my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father 'ON' his throne.

On-In, take your choice.
The Anointed

Mon 23 Aug, 2021 09:32 pm
@The Anointed,
Jesus, in who were the spirits of the righteous who had been gathered to the bosom of Abraham, was resurrected on the first day after the weekly Sabbath that followed the Passover, which is the festival of “First Fruits,” (PLURAL.) HE was the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

He was the first of many brothers and sisters, who are to be conformed to the glorious image of God’s only begotten Son, who is the Spirit, that according to our concept of one direction linear time, is still currently developing within the androgynous body of mankind, and who pays the penalty for the sins of the body in which he develops.

John 1: 12-13; “But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name [I Am Who I Am].”

And they, like our brother Jesus, who was the first born of the sons of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, are born sons of God, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but by the Spirit of the Lord, which descended upon the man Jesus on the day of his Baptism, in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say: “You are my son, 'TODAY' I have begotten thee.” [My chosen Heir and Successor.]

Jesus, is the first to win the victory and to receive a share of the glorious immortal body of light, which is that of our heavenly saviour, which body of light was torn asunder and poured out as fire on the heads of all those who believed his words as spoken through his servant "Jesus" for our salvation.

In his new glorious body of brilliant and blinding light, He, on the road to Damascus, answered Saul's question, "Who are you Lord?" with these words, "I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you persecute."

And Jesus our brother, was given divine glory and now sits in the throne of our Father, and all the chosen ones who have born the image of the first Adam, shall also bear the IMAGE of the glorified Jesus, "The Second Adam," (in the eternal process of change/evolution, for mankind does not close the chapter in the book of evolution) a new creation of bodies of Glorious and blinding Light which is the new Temple of our Lord that is to replace God’s old tabernacle =temporary tent (Mankind) as the ruler on this earth of all creation.

First, "MAN" (man (אנושׁ : 'enosh') in English, mortal human beings) was created a little lower than the angels, then he is crowned with glory and all creation is placed beneath his feet. All creation is placed beneath the feet of MAN (man (אנושׁ : 'enosh) in English, mortal human beings) WHO IS CROWNED WITH GLORY, we have not yet seen this happen.

But we have seen Jesus, the first born from the dead, who has won the victory and was given divine glory by our heavenly Father and saviour, and is now incontestably divine and sits in the heavenly throne of Godhead: (The Most High to have developed within the creation) and who, in Revelation 3: 21; invites those, who win the victory also, to sit with him in our Father’s throne of Godhead within the creation. And all creation Visible and invisible, which, according to Paul, includes even the angels, will bow at their feet.

From the Book of Enoch 108: 11-13; And now I will summon the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who in the flesh were not recompensed 12 with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who 13 have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number; etc.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 24 Aug, 2021 11:37 am
@The Anointed,
OK, so it's a wide thrown. But in terms of the Father & Son , there are two independent beings there in/on that thrown.
The Anointed

Tue 24 Aug, 2021 03:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
OK, so it's a wide thrown. But in terms of the Father & Son , there are two independent beings there in/on that thrown.

I don't know about a wide Thrown, but the heavenly THRONE is big enough to accommodate the Father and all his family.
Leadfoot

Tue 24 Aug, 2021 03:56 pm
@The Anointed,
Well there you got me.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Tue 24 Aug, 2021 06:34 pm
@The Anointed,
I am going to move this to the correct thread, because I don't think we should be exporting our discussion.
-------------------------------------
Oh, it's closed. Then I'll tell you here.

Okay, so ummm...

Either:
1. You believe the Bible is canon, and you believe that what it says is true (literalism)
2. Or you distrust what the Bible says (skepticism)

(So either virgin birth is also real or you're cherry-picking from the Bible, only believing portions and rejecting the main teaching)

3. Or you believe all the Bible is canon, but they left some things open to analysis (that would be me). I believe all the Bible is true but there were some "deleted scenes" that for whatever reason they left out. I believe in Biblical analysis.

Quote:
26 Six months after Elizabeth had become pregnant, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a city in Galilee. 27 The angel went to a virgin promised in marriage to a descendant of David named Joseph. The virgin’s name was Mary.

28 When the angel entered her home, he greeted her and said, “You are favored by the Lord! The Lord is with you.”

29 She was startled by what the angel said and tried to figure out what this greeting meant.

30 The angel told her,

“Don’t be afraid, Mary. You have found favor [a] with God.
You will become pregnant, give birth to a son,
and name him Jesus.
He will be a great man
and will be called the Son of the Most High.
The Lord God will give him
the throne of his ancestor David.
Your son will be king of Jacob’s people forever,
and his kingdom will never end.”

34 Mary asked the angel, “How can this be? I’m a virgin.”

35 The angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

36 “Elizabeth, your relative, is six months pregnant with a son in her old age. People said she couldn’t have a child. 37 But nothing is impossible for God.”

38 Mary answered, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let everything you’ve said happen to me.”

For anyone who says "virgin" really means "young woman", it is not a terrific miracle that a young woman would become pregnant, especially once her husband Joseph or (you keep telling me about Heli) had his way with her. But (1) either of these men would disqualify Jesus from being Son of God, (2) now I dispute that he was actually "Son" of God because an XX and a Holy Spirit cannot have an XY baby, unless of course you accept that "with God all things are possible" in which case we're back to being able to believe in virgin birth, and (3) if you still dispute the virgin birth then we have a major theological problem. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." If God did not in fact send his Son (or Daughter, theologically this part is irrelevant), but rather Mary had a child through Heli or Joseph, then Jesus did not die for our sins, God did not so love the world, and you may as well toss the entire New Testament. In fact why are you quoting the New Testament if you don't believe God had a baby through Mary?