Hillary's email scandal will never go away

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:20 pm
@snood,
Only if they live in a swing state. Otherwise not voting doesn't make a difference in the election and sends a bigger message for them than voting would.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I wonder if Independents who won't vote for Hillary Clinton are as vilified as Democrats who won't vote for Hillary Clinton.

There are a LOT of people who won't vote for Hillary Clinton.

I feel em.

If you put a gun to my head and told me to vote for her, my last words would be "**** you."

Yeah, but that's only because you're a fine Southern Lady, with impeccable manners and a gracious ladylike way of expressing yourself.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 08:50 pm
@glitterbag,
All I've got to say is, you've got 20/20 vision.
Kolyo

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:27 pm
I sure hope this scandal doesn't hurt her significantly, or the democrats will be left with no one electable. I still hope she can become president, but this horrible news shows me two things: (1) for all the laughing we did at the republican clown car, 17 candidates are better than 2; (2) the party should not create establishment frontrunners as they have done with her.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 09:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wink
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:13 pm
Watched some of the debate tonight, and I saw some things that reinforced my opinions of both of these candidates. Mainly that Hillary provides far and above more substance.
I've listened to Bernie Sanders for years every Friday on Thom Hartman's radio show, and something about him always left me feeling sort of meh. He talks in feel-good platitudes. He says the punchline populist **** that people want to hear. He doesn't provide any 'how' - any method - it's all "chicken in every pot" applause bait.
Just one example: When international trade agreements were brought up, Hillary's answer attempted to explain why trade agreements are necessary because the US as 5% of the world's population has to deal with the other 95%. To me, she was convincing as to why her views have changed from pro to con on TPP as it became clear that there was not enough protection for American workers. Bernie simply parroted the same lines about how he is against the American worker getting the shaft - of course to great applause. When Chuck Todd pressed him to tell how he would deal with the need for trade agreements with foreign countries, he just repeated the "the economy is rigged against the little guy" line. Unresponsive. Uninformative. But Bernie's for the people!!
Lash

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 11:26 pm
@glitterbag,
You can subscribe to antiquated paternalistic gender roles if you please, old girl. Are you a 'lady'?

Take care not to sit on your bustle...
glitterbag

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 12:00 am
@Lash,
Lash, I'm just not you. Blather on about paternalistic roles if it makes you feel better, but don't let me dissuade you from expressing yourself in the manner that you prefer. Take care not to sit on your crude hillbilly stick. Let me take that back, I don't want to render you mute. Just be the person that we all know.
Lash

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 12:05 am
@glitterbag,
Now, there's a great lady for you!

Same as she ever was. Nobody's applying to your school of etiquette, so you may as well keep that dated, hypocritical noise to yourself.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 12:08 am
@Lash,
Oh sweetheart, bless your Heart.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 10:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
What about it? Some guy put "fact-checking" in the title of an opinion piece and then left out a lot of facts or plain out got them wrong.

From the "fact-checking" piece
Quote:
Now we know differently. The system set up for the former president was deemed inadequate to the needs of a secretary of State, so a new server was set up.

You follow the link and we find that the server wasn't moved until after she left the Secretary of State office.

From the WaPost story....
Quote:
Before it was taken to the data center in New Jersey, the server had been in the basement of the Clintons’ private home in Chappaqua, N.Y., during the time she was secretary of state, according to people familiar with the Clintons’ e-mail network.

After she left government service in early 2013, the Clintons decided to upgrade the system, hiring Platte River
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:42 pm
@snood,
Hillary is definitely the greater policy wonk between the two. And I do think the biggest knock on Bernie is his greater penchant for populism (though the flip side of this is much more sincerity than Hillary).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:57 pm
@parados,
You'll have to ask USA Today. It's their article.
0 Replies